Home Buying in Saint Cloud>Question Details

Irene, Home Buyer in Saint Cloud, FL

Is ST cloud, fl safe for single senior citizen? What development in St Cloud is safe for single elderly/?

Asked by Irene, Saint Cloud, FL Mon May 21, 2012

Answers

3
Hi Irene
St. Cloud was established 103 years ago, as a retirement community for Civil War veterans. It was originally a sugar plantation at that time. Its population swelled again, after returning WWII set up summer homes here. So it has a long history of providing housing for retirees.
There is a wonderful senior center located on 17th Avenue, which offers dance lessons and other classes you may find of interest.
St Cloud is rediential, and has approximately 29,000 residents many of whom are retired. It's beautiful tree lined streets, thriving downtown historical district, shops and restaurants as well as the beautiful lakefront which is the hub of activities during holidays is what draws people to want to live here.
As a buyers agent who lives and works in St. Cloud, I can tell you that people do seem to love living here for these reasons. I am sure you will find a street you love and a place to call home. If I can further assist you contact me.
Well, St. Cloud does have plenty of elderly residents and they seem to be pretty happy living here. The is a 55 plus community at the corner of 10th and 13th, but it's mobile home sand you don't own the land.
Irene, If you would like some assistance, please give me a call at 407-227-3886.