Home Buying in Collierville>Question Details

Needadvicequ…, Home Buyer in Collierville, TN

Is Rolling Meadows subdivision (Estanula Rd and Sycamore Rd) in a good area / desireable area in Collierville?

Asked by Needadvicequick, Collierville, TN Mon Aug 8, 2011

I'm thinking of building with Regency Home Builders in Rolling Meadows subdivision but I'm not sure of the neighborhood / schools. The prices are pretty cheap and I'm wondering if there is a catch. I'm not that familiar with Collierville so I don't know if this is an area that I'll be able to resale when I'm ready to move. I know the story about cheap lots so the builder can offer more upgradess... I'm just wondering if this is truly a good deal or if it's not zoned for the best schools, less desireable neighborhood, etc. Please advise. Thanks!

The resale values in this area are horrible. Most of the homes south of Poplar are great homes but most realtors will suggest north of Poplar if you want to insure a strong resale.
You should spend time in the neighborhood at different times of the day, check with the local police about crime in the area and visit the neighborhood schools to ascertain if it is a good fit for you. Talk to any neighbors that you might find out (obviously with an eye toward prudence in your questions). Lastly, you should have your own representative when dealing with any builder/builder's representative. A good Realtor will be worth his/her weight in gold comparing the new construction with exisiting opportunities. A realtor can help determine which upgrades will be best for resale for later too.

I have lived in Collierville since 1998 and in Shelby County my entire life (51yo) and I can tell you that the Collierville area is terrific, regardless of where you settle.