Home Buying in Rockland>Question Details

Jmh2012, Other/Just Looking in Raleigh, NC

Is Rockland a good town to raise a family? How large is it?

Asked by Jmh2012, Raleigh, NC Tue Jun 26, 2012

Answers

2
Deciding whether a town would be good town to live in is very hard for another person to tell someone it is all a matter of opinion. I personally have lived in the town for all of my 47 years and I have found it to be a very good town to me and my family. This link will give you all the information on the town’s population http://www.city-data.com/city/Rockland-Massachusetts.html. Hope this will help you and if you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact me.

Michael Garner
781-261-8555
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
Great source.
Flag Mon Mar 11, 2013
Be careful. If you are looking for quality of schools - which does effect home value - the state says Rockland ranks near the bottom. This is especially true of the high school and middle school - both of which fared poorly in the MCAS. If you are looking for friendly people - Rockland has plenty of them. If you are looking for a good library - look elsewhere. The library is in decay and it isn't open on weekends or most nights. Downtown Rockland is mostly a ghost town. And Rockland has absolutely no supermarkets - although there are plenty in the towns around it. Rockland also hasn't invested much in conservation land - instead allowing developers to pretty much do whatever they want.
I can appreciate your answer but feel that Rockland is a great place to live. I have lived here for 17 years and am impressed with all of the positive changes.
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013