Home Buying in Pleasant Hill>Question Details

Gene Bencomo, Home Buyer in Brentwood, CA

Is RealtyTrac worth the subscription?

Asked by Gene Bencomo, Brentwood, CA Tue Jun 19, 2012

Answers

6
Hello Gene,

Simple answer, no it's not worth it. Too much confusing information on the site for regular buyers. if there is a property you are interested in, you can email me and I can look up the information for you.

Kamal
510 932 1066
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 19, 2012
I agree that most of Realty Trac's postings are not for sale and most will never hit the MLS. There are other companies that do the same thing, including Foreclosures.com...

I personally have not had good experience with Realtytrac...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 19, 2012
Resoundingly NO! All of the information they provide is available on-line through other free sources. And they are so misleading. Homes that are in default (could just be a month or two behind on the mortgage) are listed here. Even if the most likely solution is that the owner will cure the default. Every single request for information I've gotten on a property from this site was a dead-end in that the property was not and never did come up for sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
Thank you everyone for your responses! Wow!! I really appreciate the time. Will call my realtor. Your all the best!!
Depends on what you want to do.

Are you an investor follow distressed properties to see which ones are going to be auctioned soon?

Although there is a lot of good information, many of the properties you see featured are there because they received Notices of Default or possibly Notices of Trustee Sale. Just know that not all of these properties will be sold or foreclosed especially if the owners found a way to resolve their delinquencies.

And those who are foreclosed by banks will eventually make their way to the MLS when foreclosing banks hire realtors to list the properties for sale. So if you're ready to buy, why not engage a realtor to help you find properties that are actively offered for sale. Your realtor can give you some insight or guidance based on the market condition,etc.
Depends on what you are using it for. If you want to see foreclosure listings for the purpose of purchasing property you are much better off finding a realtor to work with. Most of the listings on Realty Trac are not for sale. They merely list homes that are in the foreclosure process.