Question Details

Lorraine Sco…, Other/Just Looking in Inman, SC

Is Real Estate still a good investment option?

Asked by Lorraine Scotto-blaich, Inman, SC Tue Nov 30, 2010

Answers

5
There are a lot of good deals out there now. If you have cash to buy a house that is a good value and good values are out there in any market I would definitely buy. If you need to get a loan and you can cash flow $200+ a month that is a good start but I think there are deals where you can cash flow $300. Buy right.
This all depends on the investor. For someone who doesn't invest in real estate they most likely will not understand the benefits that real estate investing has to offer. For that person they simply see declining prices and think it may be a bad investment. Others who are aware of how real estate investing works may be liking the market right now depending on their strategy. I once read from a wise man, Robert Kiyosaki, that a smart investor knows how to make money when the market is going up and going down. Again, it all depends on the knowledge and point of view of the investor.
it depends on your situation and your goals. i do think that in the long run it is a stable investment. but i think that if you are looking for growth, you should look at stocks
Yes. Always has been.

You do have to adjust your strategy depending on conditions. In today's market, for example, it often makes more sense to go with cash flow. When the market was hot, people were looking for appreciation. So, so long as you're willing to adjust your strategy, real estate remains a very good investment option.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Perhaps I am biased, but I would answer that real esate, in general, is a good investment. Where you plan to invest may be the bigger question you may want to ask. For example, thinking of purchasing in California, or Florida, or Texas? I would take Texas hands down. I say this not simply because I am a Broker in Texas, but because of the number of sales in the state (yes they are showing to be down as well), the average sales price, and the number (or lack thereof as compared to places such as Florida) of foreclosures. One thing for sure, which has been shown time and again, is that real estate will rebound. This industry is cyclical and it will return. I would not be afraid to purchase real estate, but I would be smart about where I purchased. Some areas will clearly give you a better return on your investment than other areas.
Web Reference: http://www.JasonPeebles.com