Nery, Home Buyer in Oviedo, FL

Is Oviedo Florida a good place to raise kids and to purchase a home?

Asked by Nery, Oviedo, FL Sun Jan 23, 2011

Answers

22
Yes, it is a best place to live!

See reviews on cnn.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/snapshot…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 5, 2014
No Oveido is a GREAT place to live and raise your children.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
I wouldn't move there with 27 registered sex offenders but I live with 30,000 people and there is 2. Looking at the map the 27 are all in close range of each other too. Just me. Gives me the creeps.
Oviedo has done it again! The city has been named one of America's Best Places to Raise Kids by Businessweek. The magazine analyzed safety, public schools and recreational opportunities in making their determination. It is a wonder place to live and work and they have a new community center under construction called "Oviedo in the Park" to be completed in the near future!
Hello, my name is Nadia, and my family and I are planning to move from NJ to Oviedo Florida, I have done some homework and I see that Oviedo has good schools and low crime rate which is a plus for me and my family. I would like to rent first just to get the feel of the town and moving so far away. Just do not know where to start looking.
Oviedo is termed kids and culdesacs! It is a great place for families.
I love oviedo... I moved here because of the small town feel and the great schools. All three of my kids are grown now and my last one is graduating from UCF next year. I have a beautiful home in the Live Oak Subdivision which I love the neighborhood....I am currently looking to downsize and am very sad at the thought of leaving...I believe I will end up somewhere else in Oviedo....Great Town
Hi Nery,
Yes, did you know that Oviedo was voted as one of the top 100 cities in the USA to raise a family ? There is so much to do, especially if you like the outdoors and sports. Riverside Park has an outdoor skateboard park, and a pool. There is the Aquatic Center with an Olympic size pool where the schools hold there team practices and meets. Also the USA Swim team The Blue Dolphins swim there all year round. There is a separate small children water park/pool in the Aquatic Center, a rock climbing wall, weight rooms, basket ball courts soccer...you name it, they have it. There is also the Seminole Cross County nature Trail for Biking, running or walking. The town has a nice small town feel, not touristy at all and you are five mile from UCF or Waterford Lakes. Oviedo is located close to the 417 Greenway convenient to all points. Of course if you enjoy boating don't forget about the chain of lakes, local access to Lake Jessup and all of Central Florida Nature, including airboat rides and tours. Shopping is right around the bend at Oviedo Market Place which is centered by the Oviedo Mall.
Hello Nery,

Oviedo is a great place to raise kids.The city is in Seminole county with plenty of parks to visit.
The schools are top rated in this area.

Here are some helpfull links

http://www.scps.k12.fl.us/
http://www.cityofoviedo.net/
http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/parksrec/find_park.aspx

I live and work here. One of the things we did was to visit each community on the weekend and speak with families that live here to get a feel for the community.
Downtown Oviedo has a small town feel. My toddler and Infant like to watch the chicken on the street (Oviedo is known for a population of chickens that roam the downtown area) and visit the Townhouse retaurant on weekends after a trip to the park.

Besides having great schools Oviedo is also close to UCF and other colleges. If you work in one of the many companies around Oviedo this may also shorten your commute to work allowing you to spend more time with the family :0)

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Sunny Kazi

Associates First Realty Inc.
Phone: 407-637-0808
http://www.Sunnykazi.com
Hello, we are thinking about moving here from Alabama when we sell our home. Are there some reasonable rental rates around 900.00-1000.00 for a decent home that accepts small dogs and cats?
Flag Tue Nov 5, 2013
Oviedo is a nice place. It has the best schools ion our area and some nice communities like Live Oak and Sanctuary to name a couple. It is a bit rural in feel and the downtown looks lik a throw back to the past.
Another factor you should consider in choosing an area is commute to work. There are several great communities and I'm sure one would be just what you liked. Give me a call and we can talk about the city, commuting and neighborhoods.

Ken Anderson'
ApexOne Realty
321-246-3190
len@ken4u.com
http://www.apexonerealty.com
Hi, In my opinion, Oviedo has been consistently known for quality schools and lower crimes. I can help you in your real estate search. if you can either e-mail me your criterion such as your wants and your needs, your long term and short term goals etc.. My e-mail is : rakeshp233@yahoo.com or better yet if I get your contact number I truly appreciate it. You can also contact me directly at my cell phone number 407-625-6053.
The area most think is our safest is Windermere. Oviedo did have a couple incidents but I don't think it is a trend or means the area is unmsafe. There are some great homes in Sanctuary and Live Oak. It is a beautiful area but does have a bit of a ruiral; feel.

Winter park is nice as is Winter Springs ( the East side). Dr. Phillips is also very nice. If it was conduicive to work Lake Mary and Longwood are nice as well.. Some like gated communities and think that provides some safety. For the gated communities one would look to Lake Mary, Windermere, Dr. Phillips. Winter Park and Oviedo really domn't have gated areas.

There are some great areas in town that I'm sure the majority would feel totally safe in. If you want assisntace in finding the perfect home and deal. give me a call. Unlike most I have no hidden fees...I just came from a closing where the buyers got stuck by their agent for $200... what a shame.

Ken Anderson -Broker
Short Sale Certified.
321-246-3190
ApexOne Realty
http://www.apexonerealty.com
ken@ken4u.com
I am looking for houses in Sanctuary and Live Oak Reserve as well. However, recently the crimereports.con reports multiple assaults in both of these subdivisions. That concerns me since I have two kids. I wonder what happened and what are causes of these incidents.

John
Oviedo is a nice community. there are several nice subdivisions including Sanctuary and Live Oak. There are also a couple neighborhoods with new construction should that be of interest.

The schools in Oviedo are rated higher than any other in the greater metro area, even slightly above Winter Park ( but they are a strong second) The area has a new feel to it but also somewhat of a rural feel in places. It isn't uncommon to see wildlife there. One night I saw several deer grazing in Sanctuary.

Oviedo is a nice place to live and grow. They also have the Oviedo Chickens and some other items found in "Strange Florida" there is a breakfast diner in downtown that is the place to eat, it is common to see people standing in line. For the Knight fans UCF is right there.

Ken Anderson
ApexOne Realty
321-246-3190
http://www.apexonerealty.com
I grew up in Winter Springs which is right next to Oviedo. The two cities collaborate together often and they both live by the theme of "kids and cul-de-sacs"
Yes, definitely! I live and work in Oviedo/Winter Springs area. Both of my children were raised here and both received 100% bright future scholarships and have attended and graduated from University of FL. The area schools are the cream of the crop and the location is hard to beat. You are within an hour of Disney and east coast beaches but away from the touristy areas. The crime rate is extremely low and the topography is lovely with sprawling oak trees and lush green lawns. There are many area parks, community pools, and family events. Both Winter Springs and Oviedo have many community events throughout the year specifically for families. I honestly believe that Oviedo/Winter Springs is by far the best area to raise a family.

I am a Realtor here in Oviedo and have lived here for 10 years. It is a great location with excellent schools. I have 4 kids. There are many things for them to do close by and different programs that they can attend and enjoy. I would love to be able to talk to you some more about it, and can help you in looking for your home here. You can contact me on my cell 407-415-1888 or by email tom.marvulli@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
I love living in Oviedo. Friendly town with charm right outside of bustling Orlando.
- Anne-Marie Wurzel
Absolutely great place,. Safe & excellent schools. If you need further help please contact me at: bassethound1@earthlink.net. Thank you for allowing me to earn your business.
Marilyn
yes. i have lived here since 2004 and my kids have done very well here including great schools. feel free to contact me directly with any questions.
Web Reference: http://www.skipthebull.com
You will hear a resounding YES! to that question. Great family town, with wonderful recreational facilities, A rated schools, and tons of young families. On top of all that, homes are very affordable, many are recently built.
Hi Nery!

I have a friend who lives there and he likes it because a great deal of the construction and shopping is newer.

Also, you are near the expressway with good access to orlando while retaining a suburb feel.

You are not too far from a couple of nice lake and recreation areas too.

Wherever you end up I hope it's a place you can create some great memories.