Home Buying in Olathe>Question Details

Michele Farm…, Renter in Overland Park, KS

Is Northwood Trails a family friendly subdivision? Also, is there much train noise? Any neighborhoods that you could suggest in the 250k range?

Asked by Michele Farmer, Overland Park, KS Sun Oct 28, 2012

Answers

7
I've lived in NWT for 13 years now and SINCE I'M NOT SELLING MY HOUSE, you can be assured my answer is as honest (albeit a few years late) as possible.

Your question about railway noise: NWT spans several blocks and borders trains like the rest of Olathe. Good news, the further on the periphery, the less noisier it is and for the entire time Ive lived here the only noisy train is at night after ~2:00am and just makes track noise without train horn as part of regulatory and likely transport policy.
The singularly loudest disruption here is a weekly tornado siren test Wednesdays at 1:00PM, it can stir a lawyer out of her coffin, then there is a bi-weekly Chinook with the KS Natl Guard that includes us in their afternoon flight path.
Once a week, mid week, a premium private jet whisks over the area after midnight on his regular Bogota run.
But the most annoying noise, is by far, the newspaper delivery van arriving around 4:00 AM M-F and about 2:00AM Saturdays, the rusted out old Ford van is more rust than van and his muffler had to be intentionally engineered to be so ineffective and resoundingly noisy. The van drives slower than a ferrel molester on the first day of school letting everyone know that we live here with him and not the other way around. The same damn van, same damn noise and it has to be more than accidental.
OH, and only 4 reported crimes in the last 13 years including an ID theft victim whose online shopping account was looted but the police report had to list her address so she's listed as an ID theft victim in our neighborhood despite her credit card and personal life being ripped off from some Tibetan web server.

This is literally, one the safest neighborhoods in the world especially considering it is a ungated community of a few hundred homes and the other three crimes was a domestic dispute from a wife that beat her husband because he wouldn't shut up (true story) and juveniles who burglarized their rival neighbors car over something that started on FaceBook. The car burglary victims struck back by revendalizing the burglarizing neighbors rounding out the fourth and last crime.

So, family friendly, yeah, in fact its literally quiet and boring here, so boring that even Panda Bear Porno holds more interest than spending a month here.
We have lived here since 1989 and back up to the greenway. We love the neighborhood and it is a great place to raise kids! And now that our kids are raised we are looking to sell by owner. Call for information 913-915-5150
Hi Michelle,
There are several choices with neighborhoods under $250,000, in the Olathe, Lenexa, and Shawnee area.
I viewed one yesterday, that had great space.
If you'll let me know what you are looking for, I'd be more than happy to help with your search
to narrow down what you are wanting.
Feel free to email or call me.

MarcyCarter@KW.com
913-271-6990

Have a great day!
There are lots of neighborhoods in Olathe that are under $250k...If you describe your perfect "wish list" for a house I would be more than happy to assist you. How many Bds, ba, garages? Do you need a specific school etc.

Betty
Web Reference: http://www.BettySimmons.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
It is SUPER family friendly!!!! They have an awesome pool, sand volleyball, miles of walking trails, etc. I have had a few listings in this subdivision and it is very sought after. There is no train noise as there is a no whistle area.

If you would like any other real estate questions answered, please don't hesitate to call me on my cell 913.710.3254 or email me at trostshelley@gmail.com.
Northwood Trails is a wonderful neighborhood. The train noise is minimal. I would be happy to talk with you to help you find your dream home. Give me a call at 913.579.6778. You can also visit my website at HomesBySerena.com. I hope to hear from you soon!
Northwood Trails is a wonderful neighborhood. People love the lake, swimming pools and walking trails. I just sold a home on the lake for $250,000 and it was beautiful. I would be happy to search for some properties for you if you would like. My email is GloriaBible@reeceandnichols.com