Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Ed, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

Is Naples a good place for investment properties in comparison to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale? Thanks!

Asked by Ed, Outside U.S. Tue Oct 9, 2012

Answers

11
Just A Suggestion :-)’s answer
Hi Ed,

In my personal experience in Naples, as both a renter (first seasonally then annually) and now being a home owner in the same areas I rented, I would say it's an amazing area for investment.

Seasonally, when I rented there were many properties to choose from if you had deep pockets, if you did not, there were not as many. The same issue ensued when I decided to relocate here permanently and rented annually. There were not many great rentals and the current market has even less. As fast as highly desirable area rentals get listed they get rented.

I also feel your comparison question on Naples to Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale markets is like comparing an apple to an orange and has me believing that you have definitely never been here.

Having visited and stayed in both Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale I can personally tell you there are many many good rentals options available for a very low rates as compared to Naples, even during high season.

Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale are also flooded time share markets and with the economy in most parts of the country being what it is you can purchase these options very inexpensively because people are failing to pay their annual fees and taxes and rather have them further ruin their credit for failing to pay they give them away for $1 or they rent them for next to nothing if they are paying their fees just to break even. Either way time share rentals in both places are easy and inexpensive if someone is looking for a condo type environment for their stay.

Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale have many options for rentals, especially deeply discounted ones thru priceline, groupon, tippor etc. You run the risk of not having tenants in these markets far more than the Naples market.

Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale as a whole also cater to different types of visitors/renters than Naples, so you need to figure out what you want from your investment property and its renters.

There are many realtors available as you can see. Align yourself with one that understands your needs and wants as an investor.

Again, it's my opinion based on my travels and rental experiences to all of the referenced areas.

Best of luck to you in your search! I am sure you will find the perfect property for you!
Great post! Very thoughtful response. Nice to see a owner/renter's perspective on the boards.
:-)
Flag Wed Oct 10, 2012
It depends on what you are looking to buy and what you define as a good investment. Vacation rentals in Naples, FL can be very desirable particularly if you buy in an area where there are little to no rental restrictions. NaplesFloridaVacationHomes.com specializes specifically in helping investors identify and buy vacation rentals which accept short-term, weekly or less. We offer comprehensive vacation rental management services to make it easy for the property owner.

Feel free to contact Kristen Jasinski if you would like to discuss further what an investment in a short-term vacation rental might be like. 224-545-5680 kristen@NaplesFloridaVacationHomes.com
I think so...we are a destination resort, first into recession...most likely first out. But, there are cavoits and I'd be willing to discuss....KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601....(10-12).
You are asking Naples Realtors what we think.......Naples is my answer. Completely different lifestyles all the way around. Let us know if we can help.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
In 2010, Forbes Magazine Ranked Collier County and Naples Florida, The number 1 area in the US to where wealthy American's are moving their money:

"America's wealthy like warm weather and low taxes. That's the takeaway from IRS data, analyzed by Forbes, on moves between counties. We looked for counties that the rich are moving to in big numbers. Topping the list: Collier County, Fla., which includes the city of Naples."

Since 2010, our inventory is down, our average and median home values are up, and our population continues to grow. There are still distressed property opportunities available for investors who like to buy and flip. Investors are also able to take advantage of historically low interest rates on income producing properties.
Hi Ed,

We are invested in several Florida Markets, but Naples, by far is the most profitable and lowest risk market. We specialize in investment properties and have several currently listed that have return in excess of 15% on your investment. These are excellent investments because not only do you have an annual cash flow, but you should see an excellent appreciation and turn a tidy profit should you decide to sell. Please feel free to contact me.

Thomas B. Puckett IV
Licensed Real Estate Broker

SEA ISLAND REAL ESTATE & LUXURY RENTALS
586 NINTH STREET SOUTH
NAPLES, FLORIDA 34102
SeaIslandllc@gmail.com
http://www.LuxuryRentalsSouth.com
239-290-4154 (Telephone)
888-551-4722 (Facsimile)

"Now and then it is good to pause in our "pursuit of happiness" and just be happy
Naples/Bonita Springs is a great area for investment properties. It is different from Orlando and Ft Lauderdale, but just as good investment and some would say better. Naples is definitely an upscale area and is not depending as much on the amusement park industry for rentals. Fort Lauderdale is more action packed and has more nightlife, but if you're looking for beaches, fishing, sunning, shelling and the glitz of Fifth Avenue, then Naples is the place to be. Neighboring town of Bonita Springs offers Bonita Bay which houses a marina within its gates and offers beach access, as well as lots of private golf course options. ShadowWood is another upscale community adjacent to Coconut Point which includes upscale shopping & dining, as well as entertainment.

I'd be happy to send additional printed materials if you're interested or if you'd just like to chat, feel free to contact me directly.
Hi Peggy,

I would be interested in any stats on Naples investment properties. I'm looking for a profitable investment property.

Rose
roserismani@gmail.com
Flag Mon Dec 8, 2014
Ed,

Naples is a great place to invest in real estate. People can enjoy the beach, many golf courses and shopping. I have been here for 42 years and love it. Very clean and friendly town. Now is the best time to buy.
Let me know if I can help you with your search. You can also search my website at http://www.napleshomesnelson.com or let me know what you are looking for and I will send you some listings.

Huguette Nelson
Prudential Florida Realty
239-641-7692
hugnelson@comcast.net
http://www.napleshomesnelson.com
You bet it is. Take a look at our blog for more information.http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/blog
Ed,

Depends on several factors. How much capital you have to spend on your investment. The type of returns: cash flow, long term equity.
Orlando has lower entry prices, especially on condos. However, that usually requires cash investment.
Naples has a higher price point, but it is relative. Waterfront or coastal property always has location in its favor and some investors firmly believe in that.
As for investment in general: now is great time. 2 yrs ago was probably best for the cheapest REO property, but hindsight is 20/20. Now we have the government buying unlimited mortgaged backed securities. More banks works with delinquent borrowers and plenty of buyers getting confident to buy.
Develop a plan with investment goals and start your research. I would be happy to help and send you detailed information on the investment my clients have made over the past 5 years. My email includes costs and capitalization rates for each.
Best of luck to you with your investments!

Danny Barto
Galleon Real Estate
Ed,
Great investment market. Rental pricing has surged in past year. For more info please feel free to contact me direct.
Leann Anderson
http://www.naplesrealtyfinder.com
Cell-239-777-1823