Home Buying in Mission Bay>Question Details

johnlchen, Renter in Mountain View, CA

Is Mission Bay a good investment in SF or is it over-priced compared to other neighborhoods in SF?

Asked by johnlchen, Mountain View, CA Tue Jul 1, 2014

Answers

4
There is no other area in SF where you could both walk / bike / transit to the Financial District or drive 280 / Caltrans to the South Bay. This area is a perfect compromise for couples, where one person works in SF and one person works in Silicon Valley - or, you work in tech and sometimes work for companies in SF, sometimes work in SV. You're paying for that location, and that's not going anywhere. Regarding the lux condos, it means that the neighborhood is pricey & riche, and will stay that way. Those things are not going to ever have anything but the richest residents.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 31, 2014
PS - check out 18 Clyde Street, San Francisco CA 941107
Flag Fri Aug 22, 2014
Hello John,

It's a neighborhood in demand for it's proximity to major highways, public transportation, walkability, shops and restaurants. With the advent of the Central Subway and Warriors Stadium the interest level and prices will continue there upward trajectory.

The recent acquisition of 188 Embarcadero by Google is another indication of how prized this area is to investment.
If you'd like to discuss further you can contact me at the below.

Lizete Santos | Broker Realtor
McGuire Real Estate
M: 415.606.5053
lsantos@mcguire.com
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com
The Mission Bay area is a fantastic investment opportunity in SF. Right below South Beach, the neighborhood was created in 1998, so it's a very new community. In a way, it is an extension of South Beach. As more condominiums are being built in the area, it is attracting more and more businesses.

In fact, Los Angeles-based Primo Hospitality Group is moving ahead with a 7,500-square-foot cafe and marketplace in Channel Mission Bay, a 315-unit apartment community being built at the corner of Channel and Fourth Street. They are a luxury rental property.

The newest and most exciting condominium complexes in my opinion would be The Madrone and Arden by Bosa. Arden still have some 2 Bedrooms available for sale.

Let me know if you have more questions I can answer for you!

Joey Chan
Hi John,

Mission Bay doesn't seem to be overpriced when compared to other parts of the city. I'd say it's definitely a good place to invest. As more and more condo buildings pop up in the area, home values will likely continue to rise in the next few years.

Hope this helps!
-Ryan