Avi Ofrane, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Is Long Branch (NJ) a safe town? looking to buy a house around morris ave./westwood ave. Good investment?

Asked by Avi Ofrane, New Jersey Sun May 4, 2008

Answers

11
Dear Mr. Ofrane:
I have been a Long Branch resident since age 11 and am approaching 38 in July.
Unlike some who'll give you propaganda-mixed almost truths, I'll give you the whole truth.
I love Long Branch. It has seen alot of history and continues to make more every day.
It has forced out people from their homes in what some have called eminent domain abuse, to allow some the opportunity to lead a spoiled life. If you keep a simple eye and you like a modern, upbeat, exciting and outgoing town, Long Branch is pretty great. (Just don't move too close to the water or too far from the police department.) ;) There is crime everywhere in the city as I have lived in several areas throughout my life. I'm in North End, (quiet) probably the best place outside of West End (more "happening"/party going) , in the city. As in any city, if you're cautious, you'll be fine. It'll grow on you as there's a little city, a little country and a little bit of ghetto to it. The people are friendly and helpful, outside of the occasional ecclectic icon or mentally ill wall flower. Their home is Long Branch, as is mine. It offers quaint shops, family owned businesses, great restaurants and adult fun activities. Though it has new schools, I would not recommend it for people with young children or teens as the drug activity here is very high and as a parent, it has been a beyond words challenge raising an almost 17 year old here. But for the mature, single person or married couple, you'll love it! Westwood and Morris are pretty good. I am aware that a few police oficers live local to the area and there have been a few muggings so the reality is one needs to practice safety measures and you should be okay. (No walking alone at night, etc.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 28, 2008
I live in Long Branch. Some areas are safer than others. There are a few rough areas. Check with the neighbors of any home that you consider. Long Branch can change a lot from one neighborhood to another. It is a good investment if you buy in a desirable area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 4, 2008
Did you find a home to invest in Long Branch?
hi avi! i have an investment home at 325 jersey ave for sale at $275,000. needs work. tlc. one block off cedar ave. just east of monmouth university. send me your email. i will send you the listing. best of luck in your purchase of an investment property in the long branch! home beach home! sutah 732 539 6272 sutahr@pruzack.com
Hi, here are two great websites for complete crime stats and area demographics.. http://.www.spotcrime.com and http://www.homefair.com.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Hi from the long branch beach! hi avi! this morning we woke up to the sunshine and our three dogs licking our faces to go for a walk on the long branch boardwalk. we grabbed a light jacket and out the door we went. our neighbors have recently planted spring flowers here at beach front north town homes. we like to walk the dogs across the great lawn to rooney's ocean front crab house. the owner, jack takes care to fill the dog bar bowls with cool fresh water many times during the day.

i am a marathoner and two weeks ago ran the new jersey marathon based here in long branch. wow, what a great course! one of my favorites running through our home beach home. 11,000 of us enjoyed it last sunday. there are new single family homes along the race course at the north end of the long branch boardwalk. you could get in a brand new 4 bedroom home for about $750,000. there are condos for sale in grand resorts the condo community around the light house that leads in to rooney's ocean crab house just off ocean blvd on cooper ave for sale, for summer, or for an annual rental. i recently leased one to a client at $1,750 per month. he is looking foward to summer at our ocean front pool. there are 3 town homes for sale here at beach front north. one across the street from me. i could use a running partner. ha. the one across the street from me is $929,000. a 4 bdrm 3.5 bathroom.

there is a condo for sale on the other side of ocean blvd around the light house italian ice house at the corner of joline and ocean blvd. great spot also to walk across the street to the park or just for an italian ice. we walk the dogs there often. or ride our bikes.

speaking of riding our bikes, we like to ride to amy's omelete house at ursula plaza for our choice of over 200 omelets for breakfast on the weekends. there is a great greek restaurant there as well.

you can rent an apartment at the sea verge which is an ocean front community all bills paid for $1800 which includes an ocean front pool. the apartments are remodeled. the 7 story high rise built in 1962 is solid! new windows. huge terraces. call me. i have an in with the owner. i lived there for 18 years. loved it. walk to pier village for dinner at sirena. best bolognaise ever. just yummy.

you can also rent an apartment right in pier village and walk to sirena, wine pairings at the avenue, breakfast at the turning point, or grab a piece of pizza at michael angelos. however, it gets super busy at pier village with the summer crowds thronging to the beach. i, personally like to live a walking distance from the action.

do you like martini's? there is a great martini bar in the west end section of long branch. on brighton ave. called the mix. i have a home for sale for $275,000 just off cedar ave which is the scenic road into the long branch west end area from hwy 36. also, a new restaurant over in the west end area called the draft house for watching you favorite sports team or grabbing a cold brew after work.

have a wine pocketbook? me too! the wine loft at pier village has half off bottles of wine every tuesday. also, walking distance from either end of the long branch boardwalk.

how about a massage? i have been enjoying sweedish at the ocean place hotel for years. great whirlpool tub in the locker room also! love it. tiki bar outside opened this past weekend.

please come visit us. we enjoy our home beach home! long branch. 732 539 6272
sutah
leasing the beach
selling the shore
long branch
prudential zack shore properties
732 539 6272
Hi Avi,

I have been resident of Long Branch for the past 10 years. I have been a real estate agent for the past 8. During that time, Long Branch has gone thru alot of changes. The police have done a wonderful job making it a much safer town. It is a great place to live, work and play. The town has been going thru a renaissance. Pier Village (a haven for shopping, beaches, and great food) has been constructed in the past 5 years and Broadway ( a main lifeline) is being revitalized. Here is a link to the Chamber of Commerce http://www.longbranchchamber.org/visitorinfo.htm . Please let me know how I can assist you. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Good luck!!
Here's a link to the official Long Branch Web site: http://www.visitlongbranch.com/ . This link is to a Monmouth County police blotter. Although Long Branch is not listed here, you'll find several crimes committed in neighboring towns by Long Branch residents.

Certain parts of Long Branch are fine, but others are not as safe. If I can be of further help, please give me a call at 732-299-8310.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 24, 2008
Long Branch has been changing a lot in the past few years and there are many projects upcoming for the city. However, other parts of the city are not the nicest or best of areas. You will notice a lot of it looks old and not maintained or run down. Who knows what the future holds.
Avi....

You may want to check with the local police department to check on crime statistics and safety of the neighborhoods you are interested in.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
hi Avi,
If you look at Long Branch there has been a lot of areas which have been revitalized. From what I understand there is a plan to update and work on Broadway. As far as being safe, I think the area is changing for the better and I have not heard or read of any serious issues. If you would like to see some homes, please contact me at 732 691 1668.

Steve
lol long branch is little brazil, and you know what that means... third world people breed a third world town.
Flag Fri Aug 30, 2013