Home Buying in Frisco>Question Details

zscott8042, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

Is Landon Homes in Little Elm a quality builder?

Asked by zscott8042, Frisco, TX Sun Mar 3, 2013

Would appreciate hearing more about experiences with Landon, specifically the quality of their work and how responsive they are when issues come up. My husband and I are considering building a Landon home in The Reserve in Little Elm and I feel before we sign the contract I need more information about the builder. We will be moving from out of state and do not have experience with home building process so would love to know what should we be looking for and what questions should we be asking. Would appreciate any firsthand insight. Thanks!

Answers

15
Landon Homes is a great builder, I have a great relationship with the sales rep at Richwoods in Frisco. They are great if you need help getting in contact with a great builder rep and want to have a Realtor who will work for your best interests through a new build give me a call 8173601646

Buy/sell through me and Ill move you for FREE*!!!

*some restrictions apply, contact me for details*
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 1, 2014
I just represented my clients in the sale of a brand new home in that subdivision by that builder, please contact me so I can share my thoughts. FYI, the build process was delayed by one month and we found some issues during the build process! You really should have REALTOR representation!

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
REALTOR®
http://www.BrownsteadRealEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 7, 2013
I recently brought home from them. I don't prefer selecting Landon Homes. They are very poor in follow-up on issues. I stuck in the road still constructions going on. Their builders are so annoying. Multiple times they messed my lawn and need to fight with them to stop it. At the time of closing the house, there are few points identified on the back lawn and builders refused to fix the same stating that should be fine. Now as a peak they removed my fence without seeking permission from me for construction work and didnt replace them yet

Please stay away from them.

Ref - I am at Dominion at Lakeview
John Landon is a crook who puts his salespeople on a commission only basis and then fires them without cause in order to keep their paychecks. Don't trust him.
We were in the same situation as you 2 years ago, we actually now live at the Reserve in Sunset Pointe and are very happy with our experience. We had an awesome realtor who was our "eyes and ears" during the construction process since we were still out of state. We closed about 4 weeks later than promised since they made a mistake with the kitchen and the custom-made cabinets took 2-3 weeks to build. There were issues after we first moved in but Landon Homes took care of the issues within a reasonable amount of time. We live in Little Elm, with a beautiful lake close by, but the kids go to Frisco ISD schools so we think we have the best of both worlds, not to mention more square footage for the money!
Could you please provide your realtor's info?
Flag Mon Jan 12, 2015
I wouldn;t dare choosing them. I started building with them and signed a contract in Feb 2013. They promised closing by end of july and kept moving so yesterday I said adios to them. don't trust them
Im Confused, I was told by Landon Rep that it takes 5 -6 months to complete a home....wouldn't that have been the case for you Feb-July? Just checking, I want to make sure I don't have any problems....
Flag Tue May 6, 2014
I also work for a builder....Before making the decision to move to Little Elm...you should consider Frisco. Schools are in an exemptlarary school district. Landon is a good builder.....however we are also and are building in The Villages of Willow Bay in Frisco! Our price point is 265-320k with. Standard options such as double stacked crown molding, five inch base boards granite, radiant barrier , 16 seer...fireplaces that go up to 20 ft high!!! Gorgeous designs!! We are also one of the only builders offering a full two yr warranty other than the normal 10 yr structual......please call me..i would love to send you info.......Robin with Holiday Builders 469-667-4109
Landon homes are a good builder. They build quality homes with good floor plans. We have bought a home built by Landon about 3 years back in Willow Bay, Frisco and are very happy. We did not work with a real estate agent. We dealt directly with the builder. One advantage with this is you can get the (credit) agent commission paid by the builder to the real estate agent (3% of the price of the home) deducted from your final price of your home.

A word of caution - You have to be a good negotiator, else you will end up paying more. To avoid this, do a lot of research and talk to the residents living in the community.

Good luck and Happy buying.

Ram
I have had a few clients build with Landon Homes and have been very pleased. I would definitely contact a Realtor that is familiar with the area and builders too.
I own a home in Sunset Pointe (where this home is located) and I love it there. My team loves helping relos coming from other states so please contact us with any questions.
972-800-7844

Christopher Ohlig
Jamuna Thill, Agent, Plano, TX
There is no guarantee with any builder. I would still suggest you do your due diligence. It will not be ethical to discuss Builder performance here. My client is also building a home for the first time, with the same builder and looking forward to a great experience. I plan to be there !

Quality of their work and responsiveness to issues can all be addressed when you are working with a quality builder. There are many questions and things to look for that will come up throughout the process, its nice to have a Realtor friend in your corner to run things by :)

I strongly suggest that you enlist a buyers agent that represents your interests in this transaction. A build job is a process and there are many steps before you reach the closing table. Apart from negotiations, choosing floorplans, lot selection, incentives, differences between builder and standard contracts, location, elevations, understanding financing and Title options, then comes the process which includes set meetings like Structural, Design center, Redline, Presheet rock and much more..

There is too much to type in here, If its not too late to include a Realtor on your team, it goes a long way.. As a client you get the benefit of a local agents advice and opinion to help you through the process. I believe in teamwork!

Working for you !
Jamuna Thill, ABR, Texas Realtor
(972) 814 3682
http://haloagent.com/buy/buying-a-home/
Landon like many of the builders here are a quality builder however it is still important to have a Realtor represent you in the transaction. It is also important to have an inspection done as much for a new build and it would be for a pre-owned home.

Nick Walton, Realtor®
Keller Williams Frisco Stars
Your Frisco Realtor
Email: http://goo.gl/5UUid
Cell / Text: 469-556-2393
Hi there,

I strongly suggest you choose a Realtor familiar with Little Elm and new home building to guide you. I would be happy to assist you with your move and can be reached at 214-886-2588. I live in Frisco which is a neighbor to Little Elm and I'm very familiar with the area.

Wishing you the very best,

Debbie Viverito
REALTOR
JP and Associates REALTORs
214-886-2588
http://www.debbievrealestate.com
They are on par with many of the other builders throughout DFW. Every price point, neighborhood, and each home is different. Things get overlooked and missed during the building process with all builders. I would recommend using a realtor that is familiar negotiating with them on new construction and getting a home inspection prior to closing to make sure any issues are resolved prior to moving in.

You can get good information from current homeowners in a Landon built neighborhood if you see them out around the house in the evenings or weekends.

John
Systematic Home Inspections
214-600-4344
I've helped 3 seperate clients build with Landon in Little Elm over the past year with good results. I would recommend working with a Realtor - particularly given that you've never built before AND are new to the area. There are far too many elements to new construction to advise you appropriately in this forum so please feel free to contact me - I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you further about your plans.

Andrea Brooks
469-450-1326
http://www.topagent.co
Recommend have a Realtor represent you IF you are not familiar with real estate contracts especially in a state you are moving to.

Happy represent you . It is against professional code of ethics for any Realtor make a comment about a builder, community, safety of an area and etc.

Dallas homes for sale Dallas Tx - website updated daily
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/Home/index/1

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas