Tlevando, Home Buyer in Lakewood Ranch, FL

Is Lakewood Ranch still considered a desireable place to live or has has the housing bubble tarnished it's image?

Asked by Tlevando, Lakewood Ranch, FL Fri Feb 5, 2010

My family is considering moving to the area and had heard that Lakewood Ranch took a hard hit with the housing recession. I like the look of what the neighborhood has to offer but I would hate to move to a place that's only filled with foreclosures and short sales.

Answers

3

Lakewood Ranch is thriving. New home builders are selling homes with super end of year incentives. A great place to live. Foreclosures and short sales are being purchase due to demand.

Check out LWR listings at my website:
http://www.KimberlyMills.com
RE/MAX Alliance Group
941 758-7777
Just a few months ago there were over 800 (of approx. 5500 totoal ) properties on the market in Lakewood Ranch and now there are less than 200. Some enclaves (subdivisions) like Riverwalk Grove where I lived had primarily short sales and a few bank-owned (REO) properties. There were over 30 homes to choose from and they sold from $180k-$207k.. Two months ago there was only one on the market, I listed and sold a home within 3 weeks for $202,000. Another sold at $259,000. In my opinion this neighborhood bottomed out and was down from the approx. $300,000+ range at the peak.

Because of its amenities and location, Lakewood Ranch was and still has so much to offer. It is a planned community; newer homes; lots of parks;miles of bike paths; deed-restricted; family oriented; excellent school districts; multiple golf courses; convenient shopping centers with large new planned regional centers; their own town hall, etc.. In spite of what we read, the majority of LR does not have a high percentage of abandoned or neglected propertiess and I would suggest finding a competent local realtor to address your concerns. I have lived in SRQ for 10 years and have found LR to be one of the few neighborhoods with a high percentage of families with school-aged children.

I would be happy to create a report on MLS which provides a multitude of property choices to meet your needs along with statistics verifying my statistics. Recently the greater Sarasota area was picked #1 in Undervalued cities in the US on the Today Show, #5 undervalued by US News; and #10 for college towns by Forbes magazine. Our area is known as the Cultural Coast because of SRQ art, culture, and sophistication. And we do not have serious traffic problems.

Should you have further questions, please feel to drop me an email.

Randy Schweitzer
Coldwell Banker
941.928.7292
http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Randall.Schweitzer (Company website)
http://www.BestHomesInSarasota.com (Personal website under construction)
There are 121 properties on the market in Lakewood Ranch right now. 95 normal sales, 2 bank owned and the rest short sales. Sounds pretty typical for Florida, certainly not worse than normal. I assume that you are going to come and look at the place and make your own judgement.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.