Mike Gemba, Home Buyer in USA, Mobile, AL

Is It necessary to have a buyer Realtor ?

Asked by Mike Gemba, USA, Mobile, AL Tue Nov 4, 2008

I had a Realtor to buy a house. I found a house and she showed it to me. Finally, I started to negotiate for the house buy did not meet the price. Now I feel like if I would start to negotiate without my Realtor ( I did not sign any paper with her) just only with seller Realtor I would have this house, because many seller Realtors (if they present seller and buyer) can adjust their percent like from 6 to 4 percent. Do I fell wrongly? If not, can I start to negotiate again for the same house without my Realtor? If I meet my price, what is my obligation to my Realtor?

Answers

2
It doesnt work that way, the listing agent does not reduce their price if there is no buyer broker as now they have to do twice the work. That is like you going to work, having another worker to help you with all your days tasks and then the next day your boss gives you twice the work and says you have no helper today and by the way we are going to pay you half of your salary today.

A buyer broker does not cost the buyer anything. Where you havent signed anything that agent is not working for you, they have to be fair and just but without you hiring them, there are things they can not do for you by law. A buyer can negotiate the buyer broker contract so that it does not cost you anything out of pocket as the buyert broker gets paid at closing through the fee offered by the listing agent in MLS. The buyer agents job is to look out for you and assist you through each step of the buying process. They can offer you comparables to know what the house you want is worth in todays market. They can then assist you in negotiating for it.

Good Luck with your purchase.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Your best bet is to resubmit your offer through the real estate professional with proper data to support your offer price. Have them provide for you the comps for recently sold homes in this area and the sales history on the subject property. It is important to have an awareness of what the purchase price was for the current owner.

The skill of negotiating is much more than trading numbers. To make the numbers meaningful, it is critical to be able to back them up with current factual information that support your position.

If the information is not there to support your offer, you are obviously off base and should consider other options.

A skilled real estate professional has the ability to provide you with negotiation skills that will assist you in either understanding your offer is unreasonable or that it is very attainable.

Our advice is to have a serious meeting with the agent and lay it all out and then step back and let him/her do their job, remembering they only get paid when they satisfy both the needs of the buyer and seller.

The "Eckler Team"
Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363

2008 Five Star Award for Outstanding Customer Service