kathysquilti…, Both Buyer and Seller in North Charleston, SC

Is Evanston Estates considered an undesirable neighborhood?

Asked by kathysquilting, North Charleston, SC Sat Aug 10, 2013

Answers

2
Hi Kathy,
Evanston Estates may be considered an "undesirable neighborhood" by some percentage of prospective buyers. The probable reasons for this percentage opinion, whether real or perceived, may be lower priced neighborhoods surrounding Evanston Estates, the quality of public schools, and the deterioration of nearby retail facilities along Dorchester Rd. over the years.
All neighborhoods go through up and down cycles, especially older neighborhoods where a stable but aging resident population may be on fixed incomes and unable to afford top rate maintenance, or deaths occur and properties are sold at below market values as estate sales.
Also, a higher percentage of rental properties can result in property devaluation, due to inadaquate maintenance.
I just represented buyers who purchased a home on Helene Dr. in June 2013. The buyers are thrilled with the home and the neighborhood.
My expert opinion of the current state of the Evanston Estates neighborhood is very positive. The neighborhood is poised for a strong upswing in sales activity and values, due to it's close proximity to the Air Force Base, Airport, Boeing, Centre Point shopping & dining, the Coliseum, and I-26/I-526. The neighborhood is centrally located and is convenient to all areas of Charleston. Evanston Estates is being "RE-DISCOVERED"!
Kevin Rauton, REALTOR, Carolina One Real Estate, (843) 209-1356, krauton@carolinaone.com
thank you so much, our home in evanston has been on the market for 5 months, and I am getting discouraged. I thought your answer was excellent, and there is hope for a sale...kathy
Flag Sat Aug 10, 2013
Evaston Estates has several waterfront properties with boat slip access. The homes in Evaston Estates are quality but seasoned properties. Although the surrounding areas of Dorchester Road could deter buyers because of apparent things like crime rates or property conditions. I would say Evaston Estates is a quality neighborhood that maybe sometimes overlooked because of the location in relation to lower income neighborhoods. The location of Evaston Estates is perfect, being within 10-15 minutes of West Ashley, Downtown Charleston, Tanger Outlet, and the airport. If I can be of any service to your real estate search feel free to contact me at jhoff@carolinaone.com or (843)296-8164.