Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

courseload, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Is Edenvale in Northern California a good locality to buy a home?

Asked by courseload, San Jose, CA Sat May 4, 2013

Answers

5
Edenvale could be a good choice. The commute to most Silicon Valley jobs would be longer which is a big part of why the homes are priced lower. The Multiple Listing Service region most closely corresponding to Edenvale is the South San Jose area. Real estate statistics for South San Jose can be viewed at http://julianalee.com/san-jose/south-san-jose-statistics.htm

One thing to notice is that during the peak year of 2006 the cost per square foot of living space in Edenvale was nearly equal to the average for all of San Jose. The economic downturn pushed the prices of homes in Edenvale down further than the San Jose average.

If Edenvale was a good choice in 2006 it could be an even better choice in 2013.

Homes which are further from jobs, are in bad condition, or a noisy location typically loose value quicker in a economic downturn and are slower to recover. If the economy recovers completely, the home prices will probably also recover.

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty

Over 30 years experience (and many more ahead)
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
95111, 95121 had HUD and low income housings and they took a big hit during the Great Recession.

Now it appears the price are lower than other neighborhoods. If schools are your concern then it does not have best schools relatively speaking.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 12, 2013
Experience shows it depends. What are you seeking in a home? Where do you commute? What do you want in schools? What is your budget? Do you plan on living in the home? If so for how long? Do you plan to buy for investment?

You see what is good to one may not fit the expectation of another. I suggest you write down a list of why you want to buy a home, your wants, and deal breakers, and if you don't have a buyers agent set up a consultation and review the list with this agent. Then determine if this agent and you can work together to meet your list of expectations for a home.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.TerriVellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 5, 2013
Yes definitely.

Bets regards
Perry
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Are you shopping for a Home? It may seem backwards to shop for a mortgage before you shop for the house, but there are several reasons for doing this. Shopping for a mortgage will also help if you can get “pre-approved” for the amount you’d like to borrow. This means the lender has looked over your credit and financial statement and agreed to lend you the money. Sellers like pre-approved buyers because there’s less risk the deal won’t go through. First, you’ll find out how much you can borrow, which has a lot to do with how much house you can buy.

Whether you’re, buying, building or Re-Financing your dream home, you have a lot riding on your decision. Market conditions and mortgage programs change frequently, and I welcome the opportunity to serve your needs with quick and accurate real estate financing advice. I have the expertise and knowledge to help you determine the absolute best loan program to meet your objectives. Get my Top 25 Questions for FREE that you should be asking your lender before you choose them to secure a mortgage along with a FREE copy of The 8 Deadly mistakes to avoid when buying a Home. If you are already working with a lender, don’t be shy to give me call so I can price the same mortgage for you with less cost. What do you have to loose but your money?

Ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family is my ultimate goal. And I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and receive expert advice from an FDIC member Bank Mortgage Banker with over 17years of experience in the industry.

I look forward to working with you! And making your dreams a REALITY
Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England Member FDIC /Dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481