Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

TK, Home Buyer in Texas

Is Dallas a good location as an investment?

Asked by TK, Texas Tue Jan 29, 2013

I am a first time buyer and interested in dallas.
I want to rent out and have a long-term income gain with a good cap rate.
My budget is 50K.

Is dallas a good location as an investment and why?

If so, I want to know a popular area where is easily to rent out.

Answers

8
I like Ken's answer. While Dallas real estate did not suffer from the extremes found in Nevada, California and Florida, it has risen at a fairly steady rate every year except the last couple. So, from an investment perspective of years, DFW does make sense (unless you like volatility).

However, $50k isn't really a huge amount for real estate. But if we use the usual rule of thumb here, you can expect rent of $500 a month. Choosing a good location could make that higher, but better locations are well above the $50k baseline.

$50k would buy only some lower priced properties in less desireable neighborhoods or cheap condos in middling neighborhoods. The average selling price in the Dallas market is roughly $150k. You'll either need more money or have to pool with someone else to buy into good neighborhoods.
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 29, 2013
Hi TK,

There are several neighborhoods in the DFW area where you can find properties to do fix & flips or fix & holds with a $50k budget. If you are not afraid of less than glamorous neighborhoods, it can definitely be done. I work with several investors and can help connect you with great teams of everything from financing to top notch contractors for repair and renovation. Contact me if you would like more information!

Monica Pineda - REALTOR®
VIP Realty | Real Estate Consultants
The Premier Firm in Real Estate
Direct: (469) 554-0585
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 29, 2013
Dallas is always a good investment, however $50,000 will probably only buy a small condo in an area that is not favorable. Pick 1 Realtor and work with them on finding a property that is suitable for you.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 29, 2013
We finance investment properties under 50,000. We require 35% down, so that would leave you money in the bank to complete the rehab. We don't care about the condition of the property as long as it appraises at the minimum of the sales price on the contract. Call me or email if you'd like more details.

Ted E.
512-334-1481
For the long term yes. You may want to consider Fort Worth/Arlington as your budget may go further there. If you want to pursue some investments in the area I would be happy to help. I'm a realtor and an investor. Let me know Keller Williams Plano 972-922-9831
the DFW is the investment destination of the country, Dallas is a good location because of cashflow . If you would like assistance, please contact me by phone/text 469.643.8825...AT, Property Investment Consultant
There is a high level of demand for homes in the $50,000 - $100,000 price range. If you can find a listing, it is not going to be on the market very long. Within the city center of Dallas, the average price is around $81,400. There are also a few financing options which may allow you to leverage a little more in order to find a property in an area where a higher rent may give you a higher return on your investment.

Latest Dallas Real Estate Infographic: http://www.bankforeclosuressale.com/wp/article-01074151.html
Dallas is GREAT investment opportunity for anyone home owner to investor. Leasing is an all time high in DFW area with average rental $1866 per month based on 36 of top tier cities here in Dallas Fort Worth area.

Much comes into play when searching for areas and etc.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas