Home Buying in Richmond>Question Details

sakspring, Home Buyer in Richmond, TX

Is Canyon Gate at the Brazos a good neighborhood compared to the surrounding area?

Asked by sakspring, Richmond, TX Mon Jun 25, 2012

I am looking at Canyon Gate at the Brazos to possibly purchase a house, but I see the homes have been on the market for a fairly long period of time and are less than the surrounding areas like Greatwood, New Territory, and Riverpark West. Is there something wrong with the subdivision? It looks really nice and is gated, but the houses do not seem to be selling. Would this be a problem with resale in the future?

Answers

3
Fred Miller’s answer
Canyon Gate homes have sold slowly for several years and there have been more foreclosures in the subdivision than in the others that you mentioned. If you buy there do your market analysis within the community.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Canyon Gate has a higher HOA fee than the other surrounding neighborhoods like Greatwood and Pecan grove. However, as yo mentioned it does have a gate around the neighborhood and a manned gate on one side. You can get great deals in there right now and as the market has gotten better so has the market in Canyon Gate.
Sales within the last six months have been slow in Canyon Gate but recently several homes have gone under contract to close. You might be able to get a price break on homes that have been on the market for some time, it just depends on the sellers and their circumstances. It is true that you will more than likely pay more for a comparable home in Greatwood, New Territory and Riverpark. There is no way to predict the future of a neighborhood, but Canyon Gate at the Brazos has many lovely homes on the market at this time and it may be an opportunity to purchase a home at a lower market price. If you are not working with a realtor and would like to contact me directly I would be happy to represent you in the purchase of a property.
Denise Hulse
RE/MAX Southwest
281-207-5155 Direct
281-216-3217 Cell
denise@deniseandruth.com