Home Buying in Concord>Question Details

Land, Other/Just Looking in Dublin, CA

Is Canterbury village, concord, CA, a good place to live?

Asked by Land, Dublin, CA Mon Feb 14, 2011

Answers

14
I live in Canterbury village and did not have an in-depth idea of the neighborhood, prior to moving in more than a year ago. I founded the CANTERBURY VILLAGE in nextdoor.com (https://canterburyvillage.nextdoor.com), so I can invite neighbors and get to know them. Out of 243 neighbors, 62 have signed up and now we have a sense of who we are and what are our likes about the neighborhood. We keep each other informed of any upcoming activities and share ideas about schools in the neighborhood, garage sales, events and many other things that just pop in our minds. In other words, I found that many old timers live in Canterbury village and new comers alike; are getting connected and there a lot of wonderful families. My family enjoys running and biking around the neighborhood and everyone appears very arm and friendly. The concord community park is about a mile and a half away; which has the best pool facility in town. The Terrapins swim team is one of the country's best, and they have sent many Olympic hopefuls from this pool facility. Feel free to call me if you have any more questions.
I'm not sure why it says I'm in Cherry Hill. I'm coming over from San Bruno
Flag Thu Dec 12, 2013
Hi, I am currently in contract for a home on Huckleberry. The first time I drove through the neighborhood, I fell in love. I have been back 3 times in the past couple of weeks. I hope the sale goes through quickly and that I can join your site.
Flag Thu Dec 12, 2013
I advise my clients to check with the police dept when investigating an area. They will give you an idea of the crime activity. Also, please check in on the meganslaw website.
Let me know if you need any more information or want to be set up on a customized MLS search.
Suzanne Looker
Is Flood Insurance ...or other assessments needed for Cape Cod Court in Canterbury Village (Concord)?
Considering buying a home in Canterbury Village (on a court)... do you need an alarm? Is there a certain area / street that we should avoid for crime/noise?
Hi, Yes, Canterbury Village is a nice community. One advantage is that it feeds into Northgate High School, which has a very good rating. Of course you should always check on your own, since many schools in our area are impacted.
Please let me know or visit my website if you'd like more information.
Suzanne Looker
Are there any homes for rent in Canterbury?
Yes I see some homes for rent in the neighborhood since I live there.
Flag Tue Jun 25, 2013
Canterbury Village: it depends what street you're on. My sister used to live on Cobblestone and I know that flood insurance is required on that specific street which can be an add'l $1000 a year. Cape Cod has heavy traffic going back & forth from Clayton & Cowell. Also, all the homes are built on a slab foundation and you have to be okay with some shifting and sloping in the home as the earth expands & contracts. I've sold some homes in the area and those clients that are living there, are happy, but if you'd like more information, contact me directly and I can put you in touch with people that actually live in Canterbury and you can get info straight from the residents. Best of luck!
Hi Land,
As the others said, Canterbury Village is a charming Concord neighborhood. I would advise you to check out the school district if you have or plan to have children. It will increase the value if and when you decide to sell.
Good luck to you, http://www.greatschools.org/
Suzanne Looker
Hello Land,

That is also a nice area....but you want to check out the crime in that area, you can go to :
http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx

SFR vs. Condo, you may need to think of the resale value first as SFR homes sell faster then condos.

Feel free to call or email me if I can be of futher assitance :)
Thanks for all of your prompt answers!
How about Vista Verde - the condo next to Cnterbury village? Is it a good place for rental? I tried to decide if buying a condo or a single home there.
Canterbury village is a cute place to live. The homes there have a very old cottage feel, that at times leads to a lot of small rooms. Some of the homes in the neighborhood have been remodeled/updated and now look absolutely beutiful. If the home has not yet been updated, it will more than likely need to be updated as the homes are very old.

Please feel free to contact me for more information, or to take a look at some of the homes in and around the neighborhood.
James
Keller Williams
925-864-8817
james@bestofthebayhomes.com
Yes, It is a quiet community with easy access to parks & restaurants. What I really love about the area is, if you drive through it, you will notice that there is alot of people fixing up their properties & taking care of them. I was actually thinking of doing a real estate "flip" here since there's quite a few to chose from. ***Also, it is only 10-15 min. from downtown Walnut Creek which is always a plus :) ****
Land,

I happen to like Canterbury and had once lived there for a few years. The homes are charming and unique and many have good sized lot parcels. Like certain architectural styles (ala Eichers) people either love them or don't.
Web Reference: http://bob2sell.com
Have you consider Google search read published articles about the community ?

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com