bubbachuck, Home Buyer in Richmond, VA

Is Brookland Park a high crime area. I notice the houses in this area and Highland Park are dirt cheap. What is the reason why?

Asked by bubbachuck, Richmond, VA Thu May 2, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3105576414-1106-E-Brookland-P…

Answers

5
the ginter park area is wonderful but more expensive
yes, very high crime area. Beautiful houses if you want to buy to rent out.
The city of Richmond police keep crime stats that you may request. Veronica is correct that Brookland Park is somewhat checkerboardish. There has been alot of renovation and renewed interest in the area. Always a good sign.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
I live in the area, there are pockets just like all other areas of the city. There is a lot of renovation in the area and prices are increasing. We have associations, community groups, web site, you name it our community is thriving! It is always good to join in the beginning stages. If you would like to see the vast areas, please give me a call at (804)651-7257
They are in or near areas that are considered high crime