Home Buying in Irisdale>Question Details

Caitlyn Sull…, Home Buyer in Springfield, IL

Irisdale Subdivision

Asked by Caitlyn Sullivan, Springfield, IL Thu Aug 23, 2012

I am looking into the house located at 4013 Mccormick Drive in Irisdale Subdivision, Springfield, Il. I am unfamiliar with this area, any inputs on the crime or details about this subdivision? I have children and am wanting to gather some information about this area. Thank you.

Answers

5
This is a link to burglary reports for Springfield IL area and you can divide it by the beat # police patrol.
http://databases.sj-r.com/crime/burglary/search/
There is also a Sangamon County database.
Hi Caitlyn,
I'm a local real estate broker with The Real Estate Group (and possible family member, haha), and would be happy to help you get the answers to your questions. Give me a call! 217.416.3681,

KC Sullivan
Caitlyn, you know me. I am Derek Waggeners mom. Call the Springfield Police Dept. They can fill you in on crime. The home is in the Riverton schools. I can show it to you Sat. or Sun. Let me know. Thanks, Lori 341-6787
Visit the subdivision at different times of the day and week. See what is going on in the neighborhood. The best way to get the pulse is to experience it first hand.

Check Facebook to see if the subdivision has a community page. Many do and it is a great way to meet the neighbors and ask questions about the neighborhood from people who actually live there.

Contact the local police department for crime statistics. Some departments have get websites that will let you search for these statistics online.

Many local newspapers and new channels also track local crime statistics. Check their websites you may be surprised by the amount of information provided.

I have included link to a great example of ways to find community data. I realize it is for Atlanta but many of the links on this page cover the entire country. Please check it out.
Caitlyn,

This is somewhat of a tricky question. Crime can happen anywhere at anytime. Personally, I do not like the crime statics available on some of the real estate websites. These statics are very general and often include things that aren't a crime that a homeowner would be concerned with, example: DUI ticket two blocks away.

This house at 4013 McCormick is outside of Springfield city limits and in Riverton school district.

If you aren't already working with a Realtor, please give me a call. We could go see the house and neighborhood in person. Hopefully this would also give us the opportunity to talk with neighbors to see if they've ever had any problems.

Best wishes,
Jenna Wilkerson
217-553-4674