Home Buying in Fairfax>Question Details

kaushiks, Home Buyer in Fairfax, VA

Investment property .. which is better .. Fairfax or Ashburn ?

Asked by kaushiks, Fairfax, VA Sun Mar 17, 2013

Answers

10
Hello Kaushiks.

Where are you now in your real-estate search? Are you still looking for investment properties?

Shristhi & I work often with Investors, and would love to help you with your real estate needs and answer any questions you may have.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Chris & Shris Dudley
Long & Foster, Realtors
Licensed in DC, MD & VA
Office #: (703) 556-8600
Office Address: 8227 Old Courthouse Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182
---
Chris Cell: (202) 297-3047
Email: chrisdudley@longandfoster.com
Shris Cell: (301) 655-1521
Email: shristhi.dudley@longandfoster.com
-- http://www.dudleyrealtor.com
Kaushiks,

It really depends on what you mean by investment property. Are you looking for a residential condo or a smal commercial building. A multi-family property or a warehouse. I have been a commercial real estate attorney in the DC area for more than 15 years and I am also a licensed real estate agent in Virginia. I would glad to give my insights into the local investment market. Please give me a call at (703) 272-7162 or email me at david@DCLiving.com.
Kaushiks

Investment in 2013 is tricky and all depends on agent you work with and all agents are not same

Prince Williams looks great and it all depends and there is more into it ,Call me and I can show you the equation which make sense and take you to right direction 571-344-3330

Fairfax, BUT don't overlook Prince William and other locations in Loudoun county!!!
Hi

That is an interesting question. How long are you planning on holding onto the property, that would need to be taken into consideration. Right now, Fairfax (if you mean the Co) prices are higher and one would more likely get a higher rental price, due to its proximity to many amenities, incl the metro on the eastern part of the co. But if you are going to hold onto the property for quite some time, a place in Ashburn might be a better investment over time, but know you will most likely not get highest return right away.

Melissa
Hello Kaushik,

I am assuming you mean the postal address of Fairfax rather than all of Fairfax County? The good thing is that both areas have a lot of positive aspects. Fairfax is closer to DC and the metro, which is always in demand. However, the last metro stop is in Vienna so people would need to take a bus to the metro.

Ashburn will be getting two metro stops so the appreciation potential for Ashburn during the next five years might be better than Fairfax. Also, prices have not shot up so much in Ashburn right now so I feel like it is a good time to get into this market at the lower end. The housing is newer in Ashburn and there are a lot of businesses so employees of those businesses will want to live close.

Please contact me from my profile if you would like to discuss this further.

Sonal
Kaushik:

I would consider other areas as well. All you need to focus on as an investor is your ROI.
Let me know if you need further assistance!! I'd be happy to find you an investment property which gives you a definite Return on Investment. I have helped many clients and would love to have this opportunity to help you as well.

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.
I would think you would have a strong ability to rent out either property as long as your price is in line with current rentals and your condition is good. The rental market will continue to be strong in Western Fairfax/Ashburn area (along 28) due to government facilities moving out of DC to the suburbs. The question might be, where will the "deal" be in your purchase because western fairfax -20171,22033,20151 is experiencing a shortage with multiple offers on many properties. Might be able to get a better purchase deal right now in Loudoun.
In my opinion, using the data of rate of return & appreciation, it would be Fairfax. But, keep in mind that Fairfax County is large & has areas where this would not hold true...& Ashburn might surpass.
Fairfax as it will be easier to rent. It is closer to metro and DC which most renters will value. Please contact me if you need an agent at 703-625-6731 or khannacpa@yahoo.com