Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Tatia, Other/Just Looking in Upper East Side, New...

Investment property outside but close to Manhattan

Asked by Tatia, Upper East Side, New York, NY Thu Dec 20, 2012

I am looking for a brick built property reachable easily from Manhattan in nice safe active unpolluted area that would allow me to rent out an apartment(s) and at the same time offer me small retail space ( approx.500 sqft). Please kindly provide some suggestions. Many thanks for your kindness.

Answers

5
Consider working with an agent of own; you have many choices including Queens, Nassau, Suffolk Counties, etc.; much will depend on your budget....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 23, 2012
Hi, You can consider Westchester County. Yonkers, Mt Vernon, Pelham, Scarsdale, Ardsley, Tarrytown, Irvington, Dobbs Ferry, White Plains, Bronxville are all 25 mins or under in the car (Saw Mill Parkway). If you need any assistance getting to know these areas and what you will find for you money please feel free to message me.

Christopher Pagli
licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Hello Talia. My suggesstion is that you work with a broker that has experience in mixed use buildings and commercial property. Based on your e-mail, you seem to be doing this by yourself. That will yield few options at best. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
You can considerate Mixed building in Long island city or Astoria Area in queens, which are only couple subway station away from Manhanttan. And with related low price.

How many Apartments you need in the building? and what's your price rang? You also have to think about the ROI(return of Investment) when you considerate a property if you are mainjor use it as your investment purpose.

I have couple mixed building in those area, if you are interested, please email or call me as below:

Valeree Luo
917-582-4625
valeree@nyrealestateinfo.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
It seems what you are looking for is a mixed use property. There are many available in close proximity to Manhattan. What you can get would depend on factors such as budget, specific neighborhood and property needs i.e. two, three or four units. You say easily reachable from Manhattan, you can find something in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. Hope this helps.

Nilthia Jackson
Licensed Salesperson
Lord and Andra
914.689.4363