Cc, Other/Just Looking in Monmouth Hills

Interested in the locust section

Asked by Cc, Monmouth Hills Wed Sep 19, 2007

Interested in the locust section and navesink area close to Locust. Anything for sale? MLS gives rumsum and sea bright for the same zip code.

Answers

5
Hi Again,

I almost mentioned Monmouth Hills in my first response. After I posted, I went to your profile and noticed you identified Monmouth Hills there.

Monmouth Hills is a very special place, but properties do not turn over quickly there. We successfully represented both buyer and seller there on perhaps the only transaction there this year. The actual zip code for Monmouth Hills is 07732, which is a Highlands zip. Monmouth Hills is within the municipality of Middletown. Again, for search purposes, Realtors will code this as 07748 for Middletown to provide better search results for the buyer and seller.

We work with a local historian and are quite comfortable in Monmouth Hills. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ

You are in my backyard. I am a real estate broker, live in Rumson, and share your zip code. I understand the zip code/municipality differences here quite well. Yes, the zip in Locust is 07760. Locust mail is handled by the Rumson Post Office, therefore, the zip is 07760. But your services are provided by the municipality of Middletown and property taxes are paid to Middletown. Within very nearby streets, you will remain in Middletown municipality, but served by zips 07701 (Red Bank post office) or 07716 (Atlantic Highlands post office).

Some properties in any of these zips that are served by various post offices are not coded by the actual zip in Realtor.com. Realtors often code some of these communities for the zip for Middletown (07748), because many buyers search by that criteria. That is done because of how Realtor.com search criteria is based. But, that means that even in MLS, the zip is wrong. The municipality of Middletown has 440 active properties, but only a small percentage are in the Locust section, and not always clearly identified as such.

It comes down to knowing these streets and areas well to navigate through the nuances unique to this area. If you want help with Locust, or surrounding areas, such as Navesink, or Chapel Hill, I can definitely help you. Feel free to reach out to me if there is a way that I can help you, either in better understanding the area or providing data on available properties.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group, Inc.
732 530-6350 Direct
Deborah@PeninsulaFirst.com
Just closed on a great home on Red Coach Lane in Locust! It's a great area to live in...and yes, Locust, Rumson and Sea Bright share the same zip code..usually Locust shows up when you search under Middletown and then the Locust section. Good Luck!
Did you ever find a home?

Carolynn Ozar-Diakon
BROKER-OWNER
Resources Real Estate
732 212 0440
Both Locust and Sea Bright do share the Rumson zipcode.

Locust in a vilage within a town, as is Navesink and the other towns within the larger 40sq mile town of Middletown.

Other zips in Middletown inlclude the Atlantic Highlands zip 07716 and the Red bank zip 07701. Navesink village is 07752.

There are several homes for sale in the Navesink/Locust area. Happy to email you all the listing. Shoot me your email address to carolynn@resourcesrealestate.com and will send you the links. My office is in Rumson

Carolynn Ozar-Diakon
Broker _Owner
RESOURCES Real Estate
732-212-0440