Home Buying in Somers Point>Question Details

Samantha, Home Buyer in Somers Point, NJ

Interested in house at 17 West Laurel Drive But I haven't gotten back to yet

Asked by Samantha, Somers Point, NJ Thu Mar 13, 2014

My husband and I are interested in buying http://www.trulia.com/property/3047372898-17-W-Laurel-Dr-Som… Is it still available? It would be our first home buying experience and I understand it's an approved short sale. But the house looks perfect for us and our eventual family. Can anyone give us any information on it?

Answers

3
Hi Sammy! I have shown this home in the past. It is in great condition, however it is listed in our local MLS as "under-contract continue to show" this usually indicates that an offer is in and is currently being negotiated with the bank. I also live in this community, right down the street from Laurel. If you have any questions, or would like to preview this home or any other please call me at 609-214-4726. Lots of luck! Nick
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your answer! I had no idea that's what it meant but I still may be interested in it! I have to discuss it with my husband and get back to you when I can!
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
Sure, Call me tomorrow at my office I'll be glad to help! I'm experienced in short sales and help first time home buyers every year.
Tom Tyrrell Office 609 399 0041
Cell 609 425 9486
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox and Roach
421 Battersea Road
Ocean City NJ 08226
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 13, 2014
Thank you so much! I had to work all day today and I work all weekend but it's nice to find someone who is experienced in short sales. I'll give you a call as soon as I talk to my husband and see what he wants to do.
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
Hello Sammy!
The property at 17 W. Laurel is a short sale and is now under contract. If you were considering it a good home for a future family did you notice that it is situated on a very busy corner with a right hand turn lane that virtually surrounds the property? Maybe this wasn't a good choice for you after all. The property has been for sale for a long time and needed a lot of work.
Being a first time home buyer can be overwhelming. Buying a home can feel like a full time job for awhile. Buying a short sale home should be considered a loooong sale as it can take many months and the banks can reject the offer after you have waited many months for a response. It can be an extremely frustrating process. Do yourself a favor and only work with an experienced short sale agent if that is the course you intend to take.
Sometimes if a property is part of an estate settlement you can get an equally good buy without the hassle of a short sale. Good Luck to you in your efforts!
Joanne Bernardini
Coldwell Banker Casa Bella Realtors
601 New Rd., Linwood, NJ 08244
Cell- 609-947-2451