JAF, Home Buyer in Washington, DC

Interested in high rises in Foggy Bottom--former Watergate, Ritz, etc. What does the condo/coop fee include and is it paid monthly?

Asked by JAF, Washington, DC Sat Mar 9, 2013

Answers

8
Steve Lenet’s answer
Hi JAF,

If you're still in the market for a condo, I've just listed an outstanding 2BR, 2BA condo at 1117 New Hampshire Avenue, across from the Ritz Carlton, at 22nd & L Streets.

It's asking $550,000, and is completely renovated. The elevator even opens up directly into the condo unit. It's MLS DC8030450.

The condo fee is $450 a month, and covers water and gas, and the usual...Common Area Maintenance, Master Insurance Policy, Property Management, Trash Removal.

If you have an agent, they can easilly arrange to show the property to you. If you don't, I can recommend another agent for you, so that you can have full representation.

Thanks, and good luck!

Steve
In all of the high-rises in Foggy Bottom, the fee is payable monthly.
As to what it includes, that depends on the community.
In co-ops, the fees include the real estate taxes. In condos, they do not.
In older communities, the fees can include some, or all utilities.
In newer communities, the utilities are usually separate.
In the Watergate, the fee is going to include RE taxes, all utilities and even basic cable.
In the Ritz, electric, gas and cable are going to be separate.
In listings, they usually have a line "Condo fee includes" and then list what it includes, so you can check this out on a case by case basis.
Hope this helps.
Dear JAF,

If you are interested in highrises in Foggy Bottom, you have several options with units available at the Watergate and other buildings with a wide range of prices. I would be glad to send you some listings that are currently available and would be glad to show some of them to you if you send me an email to waynej@kw.com and let me know your requirements. It's a great location and some have fantastic city and river views. I look forward to assisting you in your home search in any way I can.

Kind regards,
Wayne Johnson
REALTOR
Washington, DC
Hi JAF
Co-op fees include the UNDERLYING mortgage and some/most utilities in condo & co-ops usually water is included in some it varies regarding electricity and gas. A few include basic cable TV.

Two units will be coming online later this spring /early summer in West end, two blocks from Dupont Circle. One is a one bedroom, the other a 3 bedroom with fabulous open patio. Both have parking and balcony too.

Contact me if you would like more details, or info on specific buildings
Santiago
202 552 5624
Testa@testarealestate.net
The Watergate is a Coop, so those monthly fees include real estate taxes and most utilities. Several other buildings in Foggy Bottom are Coops as well.
With Condos the monthly fees will not include real estate taxes. And in most cases do not include more of the utilities.
You are going to see a variation in fees from building to building.
And yes, Condo and Coop fees are paid monthly.

If you need more details for a specific property at a specific building, I am happy to help.
Hi

Fees vary by building depending on what amenities are offered, but yes condo/coop fees are paid monthly.

For a current 2BR/2BA unit at the Watergate on the market here is the fee and what is included:

Condo/Coop Fee: $1,442.93/ Monthly
HOA/Condo/Coop Amenities: Beauty Salon, Conv Store, Elevator, Extra Storage, Pool-Outdoor, Other, Common Grounds
HOA/Condo/Coop Rules: Appl Fee Reqd, Bldg Restr, Credit/Board Appr, Elevator Use, Moving Fees Reqd, Moving In Times, Other, Parking, Pets-Allowed, Renting, Selling
HOA/Condo/Coop Fee Includes: Air Conditioning, Electricity, Gas, Heat, Other, Pool(s), Sewer, Taxes, Water

For 2501 Pennsylvania a 2BR/2.5BA
Condo/Coop Fee: $1,766.00/ Monthly
HOA/Condo/Coop Amenities: Common Grounds, Concierge, Elevator, Security
HOA/Condo/Coop Rules: Other
HOA/Condo/Coop Fee Includes: Ext Bldg Maint, Management, Master Ins Policy, Reserve Funds, Sewer, Snow Removal, Trash Removal, Water

For the Ritz West End a 2BR/2BA
Condo/Coop Fee: $1,615.78/ Monthly
HOA/Condo/Coop Amenities: Common Grounds, Concierge, Elevator, Pool Mem Avail, Security
HOA/Condo/Coop Rules: Elevator Use, Moving Fees Reqd, Moving In Times, Pets-Allowed
HOA/Condo/Coop Fee Includes: CAM, Custodial Services Maintenance, Ext Bldg Maint, Gas, Management, Master Ins Policy, Reserve Funds, Security, Sewer, Snow Removal, Trash Removal

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need additional help.

Melissa
mbarkalow@comcast.net
Sorry, I forgot to mention...most fees are paid monthly, but again this varies from building to building.
Hi JAF,

Condo fees in these buildings vary widely. Generally, condo fees in Foggy Bottom can vary from $300-$1,800+. The higher fees generally include the buildings with more amenities, (i.e., the Ritz offers maid services); however, The Columbia Residences (2425 L Street NW) has some of the lower fees in the neighborhood yet offers one of the more serviced buildings with numerous buildings.

If you are interested in more detailed information or have questions on specific buildings, please contact me at ahellman@lnf.com.

Alyssa