Home Buying in Oceanfront>Question Details

John Linehan, Home Buyer in Chester, PA

Interested in buying a condo in Miami Beach as an investment property at least for now because I am working in Europe for the next few yrs. Any help?

Asked by John Linehan, Chester, PA Sun Feb 5, 2012

I would like a 2 bed 2 bath condo in a safe area. My budget is 450k usd.

Answers

32
The best place should be an area next to the beach so this can be rented during your stay abroad. For this you need a property with no restrictions for renting. We help people overseas to buy investment properties and manage them.

http://www.MiamiApartmentsAndHomes.com
is normandy Isles good? saw a unit for 103k on 71st
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013
I live in South Beach and I know the best buildings and the best deals.
Hi John,

We are a European real estate company in Miami Beach, my expertise is residential properties from the south of fifth area to aventura.
I work with many foreign investors.

I look forward to hearing from you soon to send you listings for you to view.
Kind regards,

Sophie Bamps
Engel & Voelkers
305~206~8867
sophie.bamps@engelvoelkers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
I will be more than happy to assist you although you ve got plenty of options already.
You can buy a beautiful condo within your budget, but where would you like to buy? Miami is huge. If you are a young person and like the nightlife and beaches, I would recommend South Beach. If you are a more quiet person, Sunny Isles, Surfside and Bal Harbour would be nice. Aventura is a hot area right now but it's not on the beach.
Anyways please get in touch with me so I can send you some listings.

Gisele Zachar-Nashelsky
305 766 0943
sellinginmiami@gmail.com
facebook.com/sellinginmiamibygisele
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 14, 2012
Hi John,
The real estate market in Miami Beach is very different from that in Miami proper. South Beach has historically been the strongest performing Miami Beach market, and still is. Our inventory is much thinner than it was a year or 2 ago, and prices have even gone up a little bit. International demand from all over the world remains strong and helps bouy our market. That said, prices are still reduced significantly from 2006 highs, at or about 2004 levels now and, although properly priced properties are selling well, very good deals abound.

If you plan on using financing, rates are at historical lows too. Combined with lower prices, you have an outstanding buying opportunity.

As a South Beach investor for 14 years now, my belief and focus remains that the South Beach market will offer the best investment potential. I live and work in South Beach and would be happy to discuss your situation and share investment options with you at your convenience.
Chris Jenkins
Keller Williams Miami Beach
1680 Meridian Ave, Ste 101
Miami Beach, FL 33139
305-302-4925
realtorchris@live.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 5, 2012
Here is a list of all Investment Condos on Miami Beach
http://www.miamihomestore.com/listings/areas/43615,43621,86712…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
Callme. give me some details and I will then send you a search.
Paul Heller
Prudential Florida Realty
19056 N.E. 29th Avenue
Aventura, FL 33180
954-559-6411 cell
305-749-1583 work
305-932-6355 fax

If you are looking to buy or sell property, go to my website at http://www.SoFlaBeachHomes.com
Please contact me at (305)505-2610 or email me direct to mbabot@bellsouth.net
Thanks Martha
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Okay.I have a Great condo in Bal Harbour area $450,000 2/2 facing Collins.Ocean front buiilding.Crossing Bal Harbour Shops.Big Balcony and luxury Building.The average rent is $2500

I will email you the listing,and you let me know.if you can see the unit in person.
Are you going to pay Cash?
Thanks Martha
Hi I have 2/2 on the beach,right on Collins ave and 60th,beautiful area,remodeled and I have rented to the same person for the past 4 years,corner unit,beautiful 24x24 big tiles through out the entire apartment.I would sell it to you for $315,000.Let me know if you want photos or want to visit the apartment.You can call me 3053225343,myname is Terry
There are good choices in Miami beach for that budget. Its interesting to understand the area to evaluate a good investment.
Most buildings are old and renovated, with reasonable maintenance fees, around 350 and 600us. The new constructions may have higher fees, from 600 up to 1000 month, but may be nicer and faster too rent in high season, when demand is great and prices are higher. A safe area, you can be in South beach where is safe but very crowded, more appealing for younger visitors, can be busier and noisy on weekends. I recommend after collins and 17, so you are still close to Lincoln road, to walkto and far away from the crowd on high season, appealing to rent for families too.
We recommend the millionaire mile, which is around the 60's on Collins. You will find two bedroom/two bath condos on the waterfront.
Hi John,

I can assist you with finding the best deal for you. There are many areas in Miami where you can buy amazing apt.

let me know if you want me to help you )))

Ekaterina Liranzo
9176759832
ekaterina.liranzo@gmail.com
Hi John!!

Definitely Miami Beach or surrounded areas too like, Brickell, Edgewater and Downtown Miami as any area on the South East Florida from Ft.Lauderdale to Miami.
• Having Ocean and Bay Views are the most popular must to have while purchasing in Florida
• This is the time to buy …. Do not wait; APR is at the lowest in History under 4% if you are planning to finance.

From Miami to Ft.Lauderdale you will never go wrong investing in your future. Especially Waterfront Properties (houses and condos with Ocean and Bay views +++).
South East Florida enjoys the best weather around the year in USA period. It is a World destination and already Miami Beach hit the Bottom prices last year**** Hurry up and get your piece of Miami .This is the time to buy and Invest, you will never regret it!!!

Boris E Jola
https://www.BEJMiamirealtor.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bejmiamirealtor
RESF
(Real Estate Sales Force)
814 Ponce De Leon Suite 500
Coral Gables Fl 33134
Cell: 305.527.0235
Fax: 305.402.0395
Dear John,
I am a real estate agent in Miami Beach, I am from Belgium and our company is an international real estate company located in 36 countries.
We have a very extensive international client base.
As I am sure you are aware, buyers do not pay agent fee, it is only the seller who pays the commission.
Let me know when you are ready to invest in a property and I would gladly help you.

I look forward to hear from you soon,

Sophie Bamps
Engel & Voelkers Miami
(305)206-8867
sophie.bamps@engelvoelkers.com
I have a condo 2/2 in a really good area Bal Harbour,that can be .Rent for $2500.00 2/2 Ocean Front .You can contact me at (305)505-2610 or email at mbabot@bellsouth.net Thank you Martha
Hi John,

I hope you've found something that is of interest to you, but if not, please look us up. I lived and worked in Europe for many years and I know the worry of choosing an investment property that can be managed in my absence.

Here's a bit of information about us if we can help:

Not the typical brokerage by any stretch of the imagination, Miami Executive Realty offers its real estate clientele access to a broker who is a licensed real estate attorney for a top global law firm. In his real estate career, our broker has represented high net worth individuals and entities in acquisitions and sales ranging from simple residential condominiums to complex commercial and hotel properties. The transactions that our broker has worked on include financings in the hundreds of millions of dollars per transaction, and purchases and sales of properties upwards of $30 million. He has been named as a top attorney in the South Florida Legal Guide for multiple years, and a Rising Star in Florida Super Lawyer.

The selection of a real estate broker is a critical one. It is so important to find a broker that not only knows the geographics and demographics of the particular area you are interested in, but also has the education and intellect to truly evaluate market conditions and values, and profit margins for potential properties. Using honed research skills and the extra effort often lacking in real estate representation, Miami Executive Realty will review various statistics such as past sales, rental rates, homestead status, length on the market, and other publicly recorded information, such as outstanding mortgage balances, to place a buyer in the best position to negotiate a purchase price. On the seller side, our team will assist you in determining a fair price for the market and what minimal improvements or changes to the property would increase the likelihood of sale and maximize the offer price.

Put our college and graduate school education to work for you! Draw on the experience and intelligence of individuals who have devoted years to closing the most complex transactions in Florida, and let us be your guides to the Magic City!
Web Reference: http://www.miamiexec.com
I have a property ocean front 2/2 in Bal Harbour area,.very exclusive building,that you can rent for $2,600 a month.I am more than happy to help you to find your dream condo.I am positive sure you will love the building,and the area.The unit is Ocean Front and is in one most desiderable zone of Miami Beach

You can Contact me at (305)505-2610 or send me an email Mr.Linehan at mbabot@bellsouth.net
Thanks Martha
Hi John,

Besides the budget you have, let me know more less what monthly maintenance fee you feel comfortable in paying. As an insight miami beach maintenance fees are not low and I believe this is the first issue you should consider before making a decision of the area. My experience working with investors have showed me that the most important issue is accomplishing a good ROI (rate of return) with lowest investment possible. In other words before you buy, also find out what is the average rent in the area, and how this one varies according to the season. If the association allows seasonal rentals or not. In general rental restrictions. This and many other things I can guide you with. If I convince you and believe I can help...don't hesitate in emailing me at alexmonge2005@yahoo.com or you call me at 786-344-5411.

Alexandria Monge
Sun Realty Investments
Hello John,
I have specialized in Miami Beach residential property for over 17 years and primarily work with luxury properties. If you require assistance please contact me through me directly, or if you simply would like to search properties in the area, please visit my website below for comprehensive area information and available listings. Best of luck in your search.
Linda
Hello John, It is an excellent time to buy in Miami Beach. For more information and to search interactively you may click the link below. If you have certain criteria and would like recommendations for property management firms that information is available as well. Best of Luck!
Hi John,

I would like to learn more about the specifics of what you are looking for and your goals for the property. Please email or call when you have a moment.

(My company lists a lot of foreclosures, including some on Miami Beach. If you want to hear more about supply and demand in the area, I'd be happy to share my knowledge).

Diane Loveridge
Keller Williams
(786) 210-3449
dianeloveridge@gmail.com
Hello John,

I will be happy to assist you, contacme at 786-718-2099. lissyjoffre@hotmail.com.

Lissy jofre
Hi John,
I think the best option for someone in your position (absentee owner) is to consider purchasing a condo hotel such as Canyon Ranch. I can put you into a 2 bedroom, 2 bath within your budget and you can use it when in town, then rent it thru the Hotel program when you are not in town. It gives you maximum flexiblity and maximum return on your investment. In addition, the brand is supporting high nightly rates and resales. As an investor myself, I have purchased a unit in the building as well. If you would like referral from my long list of clients, please do not hestiate to ask. If you want specifics on the unit or the Hotel, please contact me.
Kayce Driscoll, Luxury Waterfront Specialist
305-401-6100
kdriscoll@ellimanflorida.com
Hello John I can help you please contact me
evass#aol.com

Erika Vass
Hi John:

Lots of interesting and somewhat conflicting answers! I am a Real Estate Broker in Miami Beach and work the areas of South Beach, Miami Beach, Bal Harbour and Sunny Isles Beach. The market is bad, as I read from a previous contributor. It is bad for a BUYER and GOOD for a SELLER.

Inventory levels are LOW for what you want and the majority of Miami Beach Buyers want. Here is a snippet of 2 Bedroom 2 Bath Condominiums in Miami Beach, Oceanfront; http://goo.gl/A2qO0 - This list includes South Beach, Miami Beach, Surside, Bal Harbour and Sunny Isles- ALL Oceanfront. I have few more options but these cover the bases.

There are a few things to consider- especially as an "absentee" investor.

Miami Beach Real Estate Guy

※ WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS® ※
✤ Join Us on #EAv @EmpireAvenue ♦ http://bit.ly/x1XRgj ♦
Miami Property Search ~ http://on.fb.me/ADLVGz ✤
Follow Us at http://fullyfollow.me/wtwy ✤
Hi John
If you send your email i can send selected apts in Sobe South of 5th Av. the best area in South Beach for yor consideration
Dayse@miamirealestatedvisors.com
305 778-3142
Hi John,

The market is great for purchasing property now. I work in Ft. Lauderdale and the inventory is very low on those great deals. People are realizing that if they don't buy now they are going to miss the boat, so to speak. As a Realtor in South Florida, we do see how the market has changed, particularly waterfront properties, just in the past year alone. If one is not down here then they only here what is on the national or international news, which is very general and not specific to our region. South Florida is hot right now and the tourist are buying.
FYI, Miami Bch is also selling like hot cakes.Hope I was able to give you a broader perspective.
Jen Babacan
Galleria International Realty
jenbabacan@live.com
Cell (954) 648-7334
Hi John,

We are here to help with all the knowledge and expertise needed in a realtor. We have a lot of experience working with investors.

Take Care,

Kenny Raymond
The Raymond International Group
Prudential Florida Realty
Realtor/Associate
(786)443-9649 (cell)
(305)675-2695 (Fax)

kennyraymond@gmail.com
http://www.elitemiamiproperty.com
http://www.theaxisbrickell.com

SEARCH THE MLS LIKE AN AGENT FOR FREE:
http://www.kennyraymond.listingbook.com

825 Arthur Godfrey Rd- 2nd Floor, Miami Beach, FL 33140
Prudential's 2009 -10 year Legend award- Top 10 teams & Chairman's Platinum Circle for Prudential Florida Realty

Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Hey John
It is a buyer market, and prices had never been better.
I think I have something for you.
send me an e-mail to discuss options.
thanks
Prices definitely have been better and I feel sellers have a clear advantage in this market presently.
Flag Mon Apr 30, 2012
Hi John, The market in Miami is amazing right now. Please check out our website http://(www.sanlorinproperties.com) , watch the video on our home page and then peruse some of the articles on our news blog. We would love to help you. Thanks, Sandy
As a Miami native my only advice to you would be to wait and see. The market in Miami is not good right now, developers are stuck with their buildings and foreclosures are extremely high. I would wait and see where the market is heading before making an investment for a good ROI. There are plenty of other areas in the US that have better ROI options.

Hope this helps and good luck!