Beth, Home Buyer in Mountain View, CA

Interested in a short sale property, but seller's agent is putting a proposal in today.

Asked by Beth, Mountain View, CA Mon Apr 21, 2008

I won't make that proposal, but he is still going to take offers. Will it hurt my chances, by not being in the first set if I send in my offer a week later?

Answers

2
See if you can find yesterday's article in the San Jose Mercury called "No deal for anxious home buyers" It may help you understand the dynamics of both the foreclosure and short sale market these days.
Beth, it's a chance you will take. The same thing happened with a client of mine. We placed an offer a day too late. We waited for 2 months and then the first offer went through even though it was lower than ours. Of course my buyers were on pins and needles in hopes that the first offer would go elsewhere or back out. But that never happened. Good luck.