Home Buying in Glenside>Question Details

typtran, Both Buyer and Seller in Willow Grove, PA

Interested in a property in Glenside and the taxes are $6,554. Is that right for the area? If it is high for the area can it be appealed?

Asked by typtran, Willow Grove, PA Thu Jul 5, 2012

Answers

3
Alan Openshaw’s answer
Hello Typtran,

Cheltenham taxes are relatively high yes. Yes you can appeal the taxes and most tax appeals are successful these days since property values have declined.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960
Glenside is divided into two townships, Abington and Cheltenham. Taxes in Cheltenham are higher due to the lack of industry in the township to share the tax burden. Home prices are l little lower in Cheltenham to try to compensate for the taxes. So the Taxes in Abington are less but home prices tend to be a little higher. If I knew the property I could give you a better idea of how well priced the home. Feel free to contact me for more info.
With out knowing the property and it's market value it's difficult to give you an opinion on the taxes. If you can provide me with more information I will help you.
Here's the info. on the property.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3008063259-713-Argyle-Rd-Glenside-PA-19038
Flag Thu Jul 5, 2012