Shills80, Home Buyer in Nashville, TN

Interested in a USDA loan in San Marcos or any area between San Marcos and Austin.

Asked by Shills80, Nashville, TN Thu Mar 6, 2014

I have been an RN for almost 20 years. Work for the federal government (VA). Score in the high 600's. Income $7500 per month gross. Numerous student loans in deferment. Having a problem coming up with the down payment and would like to secure a home with little to no down payment. I currently have 4 people in my household but have two family members who plan to move into the new home which will bring it up to 6. Can I go USDA or are there any other seller or builder incentives that might help me get into a home in this area? Please help. My current lease ends May 26th and I am tired of leasing. I have been transferring with the government from state to state for the past 10 years and am ready to settle down.

Answers

2
I would be more than happy to talk with you on the phone to explain some options and also get you in touch with some very good lenders. We can discuss USDA areas as well as new builds which will sometimes pay for portions of closing costs. You can call or email me anytime.

Reagan Franco
McNabb & Co. Real Estate Services
254.253.1864
reagan@monicamcnabb.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2014
USDA eligibility is based on a couple things -primarily the area the home is in and making sure the household income doesnt exceed the USDA limits.

Your post says you are in Nashville, but it sounds like you are actually looking in Texas? Either way, you can check your eligibility by state/county

You can plug in a specific property address at the following site to see if it is in an eligible area:
http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do

Income limits are also geographically based, and it counts the income of EVERYONE in the household. So if you have other incomes in the household then they must be counted towards the limit. You can, however, deduct from this income any documented expenses for child care and medical expenses for anyone over 62 years old.

You can check the income limits at:
http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/incomeEligib…

It sounds like you might be very close on the income limits. Not sure if anyone else in the household makes an income or if it's just you.

I'd be glad to walk you through the approval process. If USDA is not an option, then is it possible
you have VA mortgage eligibility? That is another great 0% down program you should definitely look at.

Give me a call if I can be of assistance

Tony

Tony Grech | Mortgage Loan Originator | NMLS 977416
PMAC Lending Services, Inc.
Direct (248) 728-0078 | Fax (248) 595-7130 | Cell (313) 622-7383
tony.grech@pmac.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2014