Home Buying in East Haven>Question Details

Gloria, Home Buyer in Stratford, CT

Interested in Four Beaches Condo in EH. Anyone know if the amount of the assessment been resolved? Is it still $29,000? Would love to purchase one.?

Asked by Gloria, Stratford, CT Sat Sep 21, 2013

Answers

6
Congrats! You have been looking for awhile. Time and great bargaining paid off. Enjoy your new home and views!!!

Melissa
Thank you!!
Flag Sat Dec 7, 2013
Hi!! We just put an offer in and it was accepted- luckily the seller is eager, and agreed to pay the full assessment up to $30,000. There are only a few more left for sale... one is $279 (nicely redone with great views-willing to pay half of assessment) One is $149 (in good shape, but with marsh views) The last is $169,900 (o.k. views, but I don't think they are offering assesmsnet help) The only way we were able to afford this was the fact that they were willing to pay that. There are also two units available for academic rentals (November-May) for about $1,700-$2,000 if interested.
I'm very excited to live by the beach!!
Come join us : )
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Hi Gloria,

I sold a unit last year under 200k. This was on the ocean/canal side. I can check the status of the assessment if you wish along with what is currently active. Let me know as I would love to help.

Melissa Michaud
203.927.3285
This is a great time to buy this condo. Last year the average sale price was $234,000 and this year I had a ocean front unit that was going for $160,000. The owners have voted to go forward with the assessment which will take care of all the exterior siding decking and lighting. You can negotiate the assessment into the transaction, asking sellers to pay part or all off it. I believe that these values will jump right back up once the exteriors are complete. The property with its beaches a lawns are truly a hidden gem.
Hi, unfortunately it is not resolved as of yet. There are currently 6 active listings for sale in the complex. If you are interested, you can request on Real Estate Purchase Contract /offer that the seller pay part of the special assessment at closing. The prices are great in there. I sold a unit in there last year at this time.

Have you looked at any of the listings? I would be happy to send you the active listings or make a call to the management company to find out about the assessment for you.

:) Melissa
I heard it is not resolved would you be interested in a condo in Branford on the water? Please let me know @ bobbycube@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
No, thanks for responding though.
Flag Sat Sep 21, 2013