Home Buying in Parkland>Question Details

Calidad, Home Buyer in Parkland, FL

Intereseted in the new Parkland Reserve community. Thoughts for or against?

Asked by Calidad, Parkland, FL Tue May 5, 2009

The community will be one of the few non-gated communities in west Parkland - thoughts? Any feedback on the builder - Centerline?

Answers

3
Parkland Reserve is almost completely sold out as of April 2010 so I would say it was a good idea to purchase in Parkland Reserve. As a Realtor I have sold multiple properties in there and it is quite a good deal in this current market. You get a brand new house with all impact hurricane glass, you pick you flooring, you pick you cabinets, you pick your granite & more. There isn't any other new construction in the area so I would suggest you move quickly if you want one of the few remaining homes.

Ed Poirier
Coldwell Banker Real Estate
http://www.Parkland-Florida-Realty.com
Homes@EdPoirier.com
954-255-0885
Dear Calidad:

Included in my 15 years of real estate has been the distinction of working for developers for 10 years of the 15 years. Centerline has been around for quite a while and has weathered many storms. Every builder has their unsatisfied clients - regardless as to how good they are. However, again - they have been around for quite some time.

As far as gated vs non-gated. There is a lid for every pot. Parkland is FILLED with gated communites and there are people who just do not like gated. It definitely costs a lot more in HOA fees to cover the expenses of a gate, guardhouse, secrity system, security guard, etc. After paying this money, you cannot be guaranteed that crime WILL NOT occur in these neighborhoods. The gates are used to deter only. Both gated communities I represented had their share of violence, theft and vandalism . . . regardless of the security in place. My vote is for a roving patrol car that moves throughout the community (depending on size). They look for open garage doors at odd hours, people walking/driving the streets that do not look
familiar, etc. It is much more proactive.

Calidad, if I can assist you in your new home search - please do not hesitate to contact me. I am well versed in new home sales as well as existing resales. It would be my pleasure to set you up on my automated new home search where you will be notified via email as soon as a home hits the market that meets your criteria OR falls into your price range. It is a great way to catch a deal.

Good luck to you and again, please contact me if I can be of assistance.

Lisa M. Brodeur
(954) 868-1416
Hello Calidad,

It will be difficult to predict the market value (not contract price) of a home not yet built, much less what the mortgage environment will be then. In 1983 I had a 16% mortgage after the last major recession. Today mortgage rates are at an historical low,less than 5%, first time home buyer $8000 tax credits, and an awesome buyer's market. Buying now is very predictable, buy low and lock in a low mortgage rate !!!!

http://www.ParklandExpert.com