AMinSF, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Insight on Bayview- which streets are best?!?

Asked by AMinSF, San Francisco, CA Tue Apr 1, 2014

I'd appreciate specific feedback from realtors and residents of Bayview, specifically about which streets and areas are better than the others. What do you base your opinions on? I've boosted a few times and am trying to understand the differences between upper/lower 3rd St, and the east vs. west sides of 3rd. Also, how are the streets near Flora Grubb? Thanks everyone!

Answers

5
I think the commenters below are misunderstanding me. I've visited Bayview numerous times, walked the streets, talked to people, read articles, looked at crime stats, etc., etc. And I have my ideas of what I like/like less in Bayview.

What I'm asking for are OPINIONS FROM OTHERS who live or work in Bayview about what THEY LIKE. Opinions from people who actually live there MATTER. I'm simply trying to augment the perspective I have collected with anecdotal details. Thanks.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 2, 2014
Hello AMinSF, I don't personally live in Bayview myself and I absolutely understand what you mean about anecdotal evidence, so I won't attempt to speculate on the neighborhood. What I think is a great resource for this question is "Nextdoor.com" ... and specifically "https://bayview.nextdoor.com/" .. This is neighbors site where you can ask questions of locals and get answers from people who live/work in the area. I use the site myself in my neighborhood and I have found it to be tremendously informative and has given me an active roll in my neighborhood. This is by far one of the best resources available to neighborhoods right now. Hope this is a bit more helpful! Cheers! -carey@citypointrealty.com
Flag Wed Apr 2, 2014
I live in Bayview on Candlestick hill. It is a nice safe neighborhood with well-tended houses and full of people walking their dogs. The 3rd street rail is safe and conveinient. I have great views of downtown and the Bay and a nice backyard.
Best areas/streets are all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; therefore consider researching areas of interest on your own, and take the time to visit more than once, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached; don't simply just entertain what other people think or say, another's opinion may not be anywhere near the best thing for you...
No one can tell you which street is better than another. I don't think anyone really knows for sure. The best thing to do is to go down there yourself and walk the streets. Find out what you like not what other people like. Just send me an email if you have any further questions.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com
408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
A Real Estate professional will not qualify streets in a neighborhood, that will not be ethical and it can be discriminatory for the residents in the area. My advice would be to contact the police department, crime rate webpages and school district to find out whatever you want to know in any city or county. You will find the info you need, better than any Real Estate Professional can give you.

Juan C Sanchez,
ZipRealty, Inc.
Lic.01942401
650.515.8210
It has nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with not breaking the Law. Doing what you are asking is considered steering which is against the law
Flag Mon Apr 7, 2014
That's political correctness taken to a ridiculous level. I'm asking for opinions from people who live or work there. It has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. It's about which streets and areas they happen to like.
Flag Tue Apr 1, 2014
Perfect answer Juan! Only thing that I would add is that in order to know specific information about given blocks, the buyer should get out and talk to the neighbors.
Flag Tue Apr 1, 2014