Home Buying in Dorset>Question Details

Mitch, Home Buyer in Dorset, VT

Information about the asking price vs. selling price on houses in Dorset, VT and area. Is there a chart that would show this for the past three years?

Asked by Mitch, Dorset, VT Fri Apr 22, 2011

Answers

2
Mitch, as further help i would estimate that there has been about a 30% decrease in selling prices since 2008 and asking prices have continued to drop, but at a slower rate, in the past year as opposed to the previous two. Homes below $500,000 have been seller the best. Bob McCafferty
Mitch, you can go to Realtor.com and get some information but it is really more efficient to have me, or another Realtor in this area, do a survey of properties that have sold recently or are currently available for sale within the general price range you are interested in. Another factor is location within the market area as certain locations will command a small premium as will the amount of land associated with each property.
Feel free to contact e at rmccafferty@landvest.com or at 802-867-0200 if I may be of further service.
Bob McCafferty, LandVest, Inc.