Home Buying in Somers Point>Question Details

Rain, Home Buyer in Red Bank, NJ

Info on Somers Point, NJ and surroundng area needed.

Asked by Rain, Red Bank, NJ Mon Jun 22, 2009

How close is Somers Point to the beaches of coastal NJ? IS this a great place to retire to? We like Cape May alot but we don't want to retire there-it's a nice place to visit but too touristy for all year round. Thanks!

Answers

4
Somers Point is a great place for year round living! It provides a quiet respite from the craziness that often characterizes the beach towns in the summer season but gives you the advantage of just being across the bridge from all the fun! It's about ten miles to the casinos and night life of Atlantic City, and just across the bridge to the boardwalk, beach and rides of Ocean City! It is a short 15 min drive to the great restaurants of Margate and Ventnor. Somers Point has great shopping year round. Unlike Cape May there is a bustling year round population with lots of things to do. There is a large public park right on the Bay that gives beautiful views of the sunset! If golf is your passion they have the Great Bay Course! I would love to have the opportunity to help you find your perfect retirement home! Check my Trulia profile page http://www.trulia.com/profile/id2037017/ and give me a call if I can help you!
We just purchased a second home in Somers Point. It is 4.5 miles to our favorite beach in Longport which is a quiet place to go. Best to visit the area but I don't think you will be disappointed at all. You are close to all of the attractions, within walking distance of excellent restaurants and numerous golf courses are within a 20 minute drive.
Good luck in your search.
Rain: I would very much like to provide you with information on homes available in Somers Point.
I am working out of Ocean City and service the Somers point area.
Please call me at 800-815-1790 or email me at mike.rayno@prufoxroach.com.
Mike Rayno
Prudential Fox & Roach
Hi Rain,

Somers Point is very close to the beach. It's a few minutes drive across the bay to Ocean City. It's also close to the beaches of Longport and Margate and Atlantic City. It is a great place to retire. It's close to the beach yet not as congested as being on the islands. There are also great shopping and dining options year round in Somers Point. Please contact me with any additional questions on the area.

Best wishes,

Matt
Web Reference: http://HavilandGroup.net