Home Buying in Baltimore>Question Details

Precious Jef…, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

Income changes and qualifying for a loan..

Asked by Precious Jefferson, Pittsburgh, PA Sat Apr 26, 2014

My husband is getting discharged from the Army and we have to be out of military housing by his last day. He already has a job lined up with a start date and a salary of twice what he makes in the army. I was told by a realtor that we may be able to qualify for a bigger mortgage if he can prove he has a job already lined up when he gets out and can prove what he will be making. Can someone else confirm this? Also, we are VA eligible.

Help the community by answering this question:


You can get a mortgage commitment base upon written job offer but closing will not take place until your husband can show a paystub and written verification of employment ordered by the lender.

Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 27, 2014
Carmen is right, you need to discuss this with a great local lender who can go over your credit and assets to get you pre-approved. You may need to wait at least 30 days and provide pay stubs to verify employment and income. If I'm right, you'll likely have to find a short term rental until everything is in place for your new home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 27, 2014
I would highly recommend contacting a few different lenders in your area. They will be able to discuss the specifics of your situation. Comparing rates and qualifications with a few lenders should get you the best rate.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 26, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer