Bradley Bast…, Home Buyer in West Salem, IL

In today's real estate market, how much should I expect to pay for a home in Onalaska, WI?

Asked by Bradley Bastian, West Salem, IL Sat May 22, 2010

For example, a house is listed at $279,000 and the owner payed $255,000 in 2005. No improvements to the property.

Answers

3
Angela Gardner’s answer
Bradley~ This remains the hardest question in our industry. We all like to hope that our homes appreciate at a good rate. But alot of that depends of the location, condition, ago, etc of the home. Just because there were no improvements, doesn't mean the home was not taken care of and well maintained. Everyone hopes to make a profit when selling their home. Market conditions in the area the home is located will determine alot. What homes have sold? How long did it take? Was it listed professionally. All of these factors help in determining list price- but that still has little merit when it comes down to it. The main factor is "What is a buyer willing to pay" for this property? I would suggest you consult a REALTOR that works in your local market and can help answer some more specifics for you. I am located in Onalaska, WI-if I can help at all, just let me know. Thanks for the great question/1
Bradley
Ever houes has to be evaluated on its own merrit. I my opion list price has little value, you have to look at recently sold homes that are similar in condition and size in that direct neighborhood. That is what is going to be the driving force for the price and where other offers are submitted. There are many componets to consider when you come up with a price, market conditions and others. Your Realtor will be best to advise you and show you what is going on with the house that you choose.

Good Luck!!!
There really is no formula as to what you can expect to pay--it really depends on the seller, market conditions, etc. In order to establish a fair offer review data regarding recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, and then make your determination--what is your agent advising--he she is your best source of information as it relates to specific properties of interest.