Home Buying in Chappaqua>Question Details

Mace, Other/Just Looking in Chappaqua, NY

In the 1930's my great great Aunt, Mrs. Thomas Tapper, had Seven Gables Farm on Hardscrabble Road in

Asked by Mace, Chappaqua, NY Fri Jul 10, 2009

Chappaqua. My 78 yr old mother just told me about this for the first time, and handed me a file of magazine articles from the 1930's, professional photos of the Dairy Farm and their award winning cows. I was just interested in the history of this place, and what is it's status now. Could anyone fill me in, I'd be glad to share these old photos, they are classic. Thanks for any help in peicing together this history, I'm sure the new owners - if the structures are still standing- would appreciate them!
Sincerely, Mace McDowell

Answers

2
You should contact the Chappaqua Historical Society on King Street in Chappaqua. Enjoy the visit. Sheila Siderow, Prudential Douglas Elliman Chappaqua
Do you know where on Hardscrabble Rd. this was? I grew up at 1015 Hardscrabble, and it was part of an old farm and was built in 1805. Just wondering if this might have been the same-