Home Buying in Spooner>Question Details

Chey, Home Buyer in Spooner, WI

In the midst of buying a home we have lived in- mold in the attic- needs new septic-new roof What should we do about these issues before sale?

Asked by Chey, Spooner, WI Mon May 16, 2011

I don't think that the roof will pass inspection and know that the septic won't for sure, and we know for sure there is a mold problem in the attic and the bathroom walls as we can smell it. We have lived in this house for 9 years. Should it be written that all must be done before the sale or after the sale ? We are going through an attorney.

Answers

3
Your last sentence explains all. See your attorney for advice.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011
Do you have a purchase agreement for the property? If you do, I hope you put a home inspection contingency in there. If you don't, I suggest you do. The best place to start is having the home inspection completed, with the report you receive you can address all material adverse facts with the seller. All issues are completely negotiable between buyer and seller and can be resolved. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011
All terms, conditions and agreements between parties should definitely be in writing and should be stipulated in the contract prior to the sale. Also in writing should be the date that all the work would be completed.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011