S, Home Buyer in 19102

In the city of Philadelphia, can a seller reneg on a sales agreement signed by both parties?

Asked by S, 19102 Wed Jun 3, 2009

I am the buyer and there is a sales contract signed by both parties. The home inspection was completed a few days ago with no major problems (and we haven't asked the sellers to fix the minor problem) but we come to find out that they want to back out. Can they do this? Do we have any rights as the buyer?

Answers

3
Dear Legally Challlenged, These contracts are always subject to various legal nuances, and I am sure many people on here, have given you advice, but the best advice, and given from a party Legally liable for its delivery would be an attorney, call one and find out what your rights are, you may be able to force the sale, unless this is the palazzo of your dreams, most people just walk away and find a new property, If you are out looking again, please call me, I know alot about Center City real estate, Chris V, THE CONDO SHOP 267-693-2547
as a buyer you do have rights. You may be able to force the seller to sell you the home via specific performance. There are many avenues you can take and they have to be weighed against the cost of litigation. Should you have any questions, you may contact us at (215) 942-2100.
Very truly yours,

Michael Kuldiner, Esq.
Law Offices of Michael Kuldiner, P.C.
T (215) 942-2100 | F (215) 942-9664
Michael@phillyesq.com | http://www.PhillyEsquire.com

Bucks County Office (Main Office)
922 Bustleton Pike, 1st Fl.
Feasterville, PA 19053

Philadelphia Office
1420 Walnut St, Ste 800
Philadelphia, PA 19102
No, they can't do this "just because". Do you not have a real estate agent for you? If so, they should help you. If you don't have an agent, I highly suggest you get with a\n attorney.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro