Home Buying in Middletown>Question Details

Sue Franco, Home Buyer in Middletown, NJ

In process of buying home in Middletown and zoned middle school is Bayshore. Just read some horrible reviews on the school. What are other options?

Asked by Sue Franco, Middletown, NJ Mon Oct 17, 2011

Answers

5
Thanks for all of your responses. My concern was specifically a website I saw where parents rated the schools and the majority of the comments said that the school essentially looks the other way while bullies run the school. There was a lot of discussion on apathetic teachers and staff. I have an 11 year old girl and the move will be difficult at her age because she has strong connections to her friends. I want to make sure that we do not make it harder on her than it has to be. I like the suggestion to discuss this with the principal directly. I notice that Bayshore's home page lists an anti-bullying advocate, so I wonder if this was a problem and they took the initiative to change things.
Sue, In addition to the other good responses you have received, I would recommend that you personally go to the school, interview the principal, and take a tour. The Middletown school system, in general, has an excellent reputation. Here is a link to the State information site on area schools:
http://www.state.nj.us/cgi-bin/education/directory/directory… .

Ali Ross CRS, GRI
Realtor-Associate
NJAR Distinguished Sales Club
Heritage House Sotheby's International Realty
1020 Highway 35, Middletown, NJ 07748
732-615-9898 X2009 (O)
732-261-7072 (C)
AliRoss@HHSIR.com
http://www.AliRoss.com
My4 children have attended or are still attending school within the the Middletown public school system. All 4 attended the elementary, middle school and some high school or the Monmouth County Viocational High Schools with great results. There are 3 Middle, 7 elementary and 2 public high schools. It is also about the parents who need to be involved in their child's education. I have found most Middletown parents to be very pro active in the support of the schools and community. There are always people upset and most are the one's who make it known but also are the parents who expect a school to raise their child. There are some great private schools in the area as well. However most homeowners realize that 80% or so of your property taxes goes towards the school needs. Thus your tuition. My wife and I have been very active in the community and would love to hear what you heard (read) and from what source. Middletown is a fantastic place to live in and will always be a top town in the United States. If you want to hear more contact me directly at.:
Robert "Bob" Haspel
Real Estate Sales Professional
Better Homes & Gardens Preferred Properties
Coffenberg Commercial Real Estate
105 East River Road
Rumson, New Jersey 07760
Office: 732-224- 9200
Fax: 732-224-9206
Web: http://www.bobhaspel.com
Email: bhaspel@bhgmoves.com
"A NAME YOU CAN TRUST FOR SUPERIOR SERVICE"
Hey Sue,

I am local realtor here in Middletown and know the area and schools very well due to the fact that I was born and raised here!! If you would like some information about the school system please feel free to give me a call or write me an email and I would have no problem helping you out.

Dennis Freshnock
Cell-908-601-6692
Email- dfreshnock45@hotmail.com
Sue,

I don't know what the reviews were, but if this is the only middle school in town your options are private schooling or not purchasing the home.

If there is another school in town you may be able to see if you can switch schools. Where I live the elementary school in my area is considered a failing school so I can opt to send my child to one of the better schools in town.

Good luck, also check with your realtor not sure where you got your information from but if they know the area maybe they can provide some different information to ease your mind.

Gene tedesco
Re/Max Home Connection
973-575-6005 Office
201-341-0307 Cell
Web Reference: http://www.genetedesco.com