Home Buying in Blairstown>Question Details

Corey Grushin, Real Estate Pro in East Brunswick, NJ

In Warren County, NJ (or New Jersey in general) what is the minimum lot size (with a home on it & barn) required in order to house horses?

Asked by Corey Grushin, East Brunswick, NJ Tue May 18, 2010

Answers

5
Hi Corey!

It's set by the municipality by their zoning code so every town is different.

-Marc
Every town is different. It could be under 1 acre to 10 acres.
Hi Corey, some towns don't have any restriction on lot size while others do. Especially in Warren County, most townships dont have zoning restrictions. If there are any it would be one horse per acre generally or in some other counties like Hunterdon I have listed farms where it was 2 acres for 1st horse and then 1 acre for every horse after that. But most townships like farms and therefore don't have a restriction.

Hope this helps.

Kim
Thanks Marc & Carolyn. I call the administrative office of the town in question. Appreciate the knowledge.
Hi Corey, we have some lovey horse properties here in Warren County available. As Marc said it differs from town to town. Feel free to give me a call to discuss what you might be looking for. I have a lovely horse property on 98+ acres available for only 1.1. 973-214-2166 Carolyn