Arthur Lerner…, Other/Just Looking in Huntingdon Valley, PA

In Pennsylvania... when should condo documents be reviewed?

Asked by Arthur Lerner, Md, Huntingdon Valley, PA Tue Jul 27, 2010

I received an answer to an earlier question (from Don Tepper - thanks, Don!) as follows"...I don't know the procedures in Pennsylvania--there should have been a review period for the condo documents. It's a contingency that likely was in your offer--that the contract was contingent upon receipt and approval of condo documents. Usually that occurs pretty early in the entire process. The condo documents should state, for instance, that dogs aren't allowed. The condo documents are also important for financial reasons--to see if the condo is financially stable and well-managed."

Does any PA agent have an answer to when condo documents should be reviewed? I'm asking because now we are out $300 for an inspection on a condo that we can't purchase because we have a dog, which is not allowed. We're trying to decide whether or not we should pursue reimbursement of that inspection fee.

Please advise, PA agents (or, any other agents who know), and thanks!

Answers

1
It was your Agents responsibility to find out before you put an offer in.You will not get your home inspection money back. You have 5 days to view your condo docs upon receipt. Find another agent.