Sturll, Home Buyer in 59105

In Montana We are purchasing a home from a park with a contract for deed. Neighbors assaulted both myself and my husband can we break the contract?

Asked by Sturll, 59105 Tue Nov 8, 2011

I was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time and she pushed me and bit my husband, hit him several times, no police report was filed but video was captured and given to the owner of the park. There has been numerous times of verbal assault and them harrassing us. The owner knows the situation but nothing is done. He was going to evict them but decided not to, is there a clause where we can break our contract when nothing is done?

Answers

3
This is definitely a legal matter that deals in terms of civil rights versus contractual obligations. The best advise anyone can give you is to contact an attorney.
First of all you probably should have filed a police report, so it would be a matter of record. Second, to advise you on a legal matter such as this would be practising law, which we as real estate agents cannot do. You should consult an attorney.
Without seeing the contract we can not say. Sure, you can always break the contract, the question is what will you loose doing it. The option money and deposit will be in jeopardy. Seek the advice from a lawyer to be sure. Not sure why there was no police report made.