kennytheb, Other/Just Looking in Elk Grove Orchards,...

In Elk Grove if I put my home for sale at this time should I expect multiple offers and does this go over my asking price?

Asked by kennytheb, Elk Grove Orchards, Elk Grove, CA Tue Oct 23, 2012

Answers

9
Nice one liner to get vip points Russ. Give us a break!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 10, 2013
YES, YES, YES! WE are seeing multiple offers if your home is priced correctly and it is marketed right. Keep in mind the appraisal must come in. I would be happy to sit down and talk with you about your options.

Kendra Dittmar
Coldwell Banker
Elk Grove
916-995-1220
kendra.dittmar@camoves.com
http://www.kendradittmarsellsre.com
Absolutely yes! But every area of Elk Grove is selling for different dollars per square foot. With the low inventory and many buyer's I have never received 1,2 or 3 offers, but usually many more. No reason in this market to not get above the highest current sale in your market. I'd be happy to meet with you and talk to you about what I can do to get you the most for your property.
Kenny,
You bet!
-
Hmm, that's just one line, I should add more, or David will be upset.
-
Pricing is crucial, however, and there's always a however, If your home is the only 4 bedroom in a two bedroom community, a problem could exist.
-
Russ, I like concise brief responses. Keep it up.
-
Should your home be identical to all the community homes, 3/2/2, 2,000 SF, you can expect action IF the community is not stigmatized.
-
All of these issues can be overcome, but will require more thought than a stick in the yard and entry in the MLS>
-
David, your comment was more of a one;liner than Russ'?
What's up?
-
Consult with a professional for the right stategy that will acehive your goal. Be aware, you will sett to only one buyer.

Best of success to you,
Well the key will be what would you price it at. If you over price the home you probably won't get multiple offers.
Years ago, most sellers priced too high, leaving some "room for negotiation". When most sellers did this it meant that most houses sat while correctly priced properties were quickly sold.

In 2012, Most sellers are distressed, so they are pricing correctly or lower to get a quick sale.

I favor a strategy (when I represent the seller) to price the house realistically to get a sale within the sellers "need to sell" time frame. If you can afford to take as long as thirty days to sell, you can ask a higher price, and perhaps net a bit more in the end than if you priced it to sell the first weekend. With the low inventory, you will still get plenty of showings and action.

Sure it is great to have thirty showings and twenty offers. You only need, and can only sell to one buyer.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Most important is to market your property properly. No matter if it is a short sale or regular equity sell right now is a fantastic time because it's a sellers market. There is very low inventory and that is why there is multiple offers. The marketing techniques are not as important today as they use to be just because of the low inventory. One of the old school ways of marketing is my most effective which is Open Houses. I love them and have never failed to sell the home in the first weekend if it's priced right. If you'd like to talk I can be contacted through my website http://www.markforsterrealtor.com
Have a wonderful evening.
Right now Elk Grove homes for sale are often experiencing multiple offers and many times receiving offers over asking price. This doesn't mean you can whatever you want for the home. The best way to determine a fair asking price is to contact a Realtor. In fact, contact a couple Realtors and meet with them to find out their marketing techniques along with the price they suggest. Pick who you trust most.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to call me.
Morgan Larson
916-241-8788
morgan@morganlarson.com
Yes, if your home is priced correctly and marketed right, you should receive multiple offers.