Home Buying in La Canada>Question Details

Arthur G, Home Buyer in La Canada, CA

Im wondering if realtors still drive around clients or is it..."Ill meet you there" due to the fact that tech has given buyers directions and info?

Asked by Arthur G, La Canada, CA Wed Jan 15, 2014

Answers

10
Hello Arthur,
I believe it all varies on client to client, I have many clients that love riding along with me and then I have some clients that just like to meet me at the properties. It all depends on what your comfortable with as a person. I hope this helps.

Alex Meguerditchian
(661)964-7321
Great answer.
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014
Rest assured that many Realtors still drive buyer around. For me, it's a question of how many homes we have to see. If I'm showing a buyer only one home...I will typically meet him or her at the property. When there are a number of homes to see, then we pick a meeting place, and I drive them from there.
For instance, if you are from Canada and unfamiliar with the Dunedin FL area, there would be incredible benefit to me and you to share a ride.
-
You can not grasp the magnificence of this location and environment if your attention is on your grasp on the wheel and avoiding the cotton tops with the perpetual left turn signal.
-
Very often a buyer will have a question regarding where the Toronto Blue Jays Spring Training facility is and I'll drive them to it and with my access. stand on the mound. That' s really cool. You should try it.
-
A buyer may have questions regarding the role of the title company, if a non-citizen can buy, why Wells Fargo is a liability to a buyer, and how I can find homes to show that appear as though they are not for sale, and the ownership instruments available?
-
Be aware, no body shares my ride who has not been vetted. WAY to dangerous.
As I have shown, there are real benefits in this private time of communication for those unfamiliar with the area or process.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://FirstLookHomes.us
Palm Harbor University High School distirct
http://annettelawrence.mfr.mlxchange.com/?Page=-1
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 15, 2014
It depends on what is most convenient for our clients. Often clients that are new to the area prefer to ride with us as we are also their tour guide of the area. We have many clients prefer to meet us at each property which is perfectly fine too. I always have up to date car seats available in case clients have small children that will be riding along with us. Our clients flying in greatly appreciate this extra service we provide as well.
It depends upon the client, the number of listings we are going to see, the distance and so forth. If I have out-of-town clients I always offer to take them to the property since I know Los Angeles driving conditions.
If we are going to see more then two homes, I will also plan the route and take the clients to make it easier on everyone.
Time and technology have indeed caused things to evolve in out business. You have touched upon a couple of these changes.

Today's buyers are more informed than any others in the past...this is good! This helps buyers not only from a perspective of finding and location homes of interest but helping them to process and compare properties prior to and after meeting with a realtor.

We often get calls that target a specific home that the buyer has identified, with them requesting to view the home. In many cases it's much easier to meet them at the property than having them rondez-vous with the agent and then travel to the property.

Yes, these are changing times that are for the most part good. Thank you for pointing this out.

We usually meet at the first location and if the customer wants to see more than 3 in one day its usually faster to go in one car.
I concur, it is up to the client(s). I prefer to have them in the car with me for converstion sake.
Cindy's method below is the one that I follow as well. If there are multiple homes to see my clients and I almost always ride in the same car.
Depends on what you want. You are the consumer and you can certainly find a real estate agent that will drive you around, or meet you there, or give you a virtual tour.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com