Anthony Dica…, Home Owner in 12498

Im trying to sell my house of 30 yrs, been trying craigslist etc.. any others suggestions?/

Asked by Anthony Dicairano, 12498 Sun Feb 10, 2013

Answers

18
Ann Ryan’s answer
There's a reason that 85% of homes sell using a real estate agent. As a homeowner, you simply can't compete with the marketing resources of a real estate company.... they're blasting their listings out to hundreds of sites, both nationally and internationally. If you really want to sell, you need to get an agent. They may tell you some things you don't want to hear, particularly about what a reasonable price for the home may be. If you're serious, I'd be happy to give you a referral for an agent in your area.
Anthony,
Like you, I do like to save money! And, when the opportunity presents itself I DO save money. When PUBLIX wants $8 for a box of Cheerios and Wally has the same box for $4,50, I will choose to save! And like the rest of us, you too want to protect and retain the equity you have accumulated in your home.
-
You've taken the obvious step and used Craigslist. Is your ad noncompetitive? Does it have the same 'snap' at the competing ads? If not, fix the presentation. If's it is the images, fix them also.
-
Now you need to amplify your home for sale message. You need to syndicate. Use the free services that will syndicate your message. (Big G the key words) more suggestions at end.
-
Now consider throwing money at it and pay $2,500 for a FSBO placement
-
Next consider throwing $1,000 money at it and pay an agent to do a MLS entry only. (add to this the buyer agent compensation. If you try to save here, your plan is DOA)
-
Then follow bad money with good money and hire a flat fee broker for $2,000.
-
Then follow bad money with good money and hire a limited service broker for $3,000
-
After spending $8,500 hundred dollars, you are face-to-face with reality. You just spent $8,500 of your homes equity and are still at ground zero. Many of the home owners with whom I have sat across the dining room table share this very story. In their words they, "flushed' their money.
-
But, I do understand, you have to try. After implementing the 'syndication' resources, expand your grass roots marketing. Where do people gather? Where are the bulletin boards?
You can sell you home on your own.
It's not easy.
It is tiring.
But, IT IS POSSIBLE.

Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Reamx Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Movie Tour
http://youtu.be/g1H-_ny-Mnk
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 10, 2013
MLS makes a huge difference, Anthony. It gets your house not only in front of the 600+ local agents, but it gets it on sites like Trulia and Zillow. It puts your house in storefront window, which is particularly valuable in a town like Woodstock with all the visitors who spend time dreaming of getting their own place in the Catskills.
Pick an agent who will keep in touch with you, regularly update you on what they're doing to market your house, and who will advocate for you when you get an offer - which you will. Price it right and things are selling.
If I can help, please get in touch.
mywoodstockhome@gmail.com

Susan
I would be happy to help you sell your home. It is best to hire an agent so they can provide a CMA to let you know what the house would fetch on the market. If you have not been getting intrested buyers your price may be the issue.

When picking an agent go with one who can offer a good comission rate, one that will dedicate time for scheduling open houses, and of course see what their sales record is.

Feel free to email me

Keytoyourhome@hotmail.com
What about forsalebyowner.com?
Sure, list with me. I will market your house. Toby Heilbrunn THeilbrunn@winmorrisonrealty.com
The best location in the Town of Woodstock, right across from the village green. 845-679-5438
Hello Anthony,
Selling your home is a challenge not for everyone but I understand that owners like to try to go it on their own for many reasons.

I agree with everything that other agents have said here. That being said there are options to use a Realtor and sell on your own getting the maximum exposure for your home. Realtors really do care about the market and helping you acheive your goal. Ask about options you will be surprised. On your own there are sites such as For Sale By Owner, and you can contact the local Multiple Listing Services to have it listed as an owner.

While internet is "king" for marketing real estate, Craigslist is not the best option. Most importantly, and I counsel clients all the time, is safety. Marketing on the internet has to be monitored and potential buyers screened. Please be cautious.

Good Luck, I really do hope you beat the odds.
Barbara Carter
John J Lease Realtors

UlsterHomes@yahoo.com
Interview a few local agent in your area and hire the best one.
If you need any help or what questions to ask, please feel free to call me.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
List with a Realtor it is more effective. you get quality service & have more control.
Try hiring a Realtor. This is our profession and what we are trained to do.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
631-425-6150
Hi Anthony,

Trying to sell your house by placing it on Craigslist and other websites is usually a frustrating experience. Buyers who look on these sites are looking there because of their reputation for having low priced items for sale. Listing with a real estate broker is your best option. If you need a recommendation, contact me I know several in your area who are very good.

Michael Richman
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
KIAN Realty
450 7th Avenue Suite 1501
New York, NY 10123
212-757-8268 x220
917-991-2528
mrichman@kianrealtynyc.com
http://www.kianrealtynyc.com
The only closings I see where no Realtor is involved is between family members. If you aren’t going to sell it to your uncle it would be a good idea to hire a Realtor. You think finding a buyer is what they do, the most important thing they do is hold the deal together AFTER a buyer is found. I bet you have zero experience in that area. Ironic you are asking Realtors what you should do on this site, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
For maximum exposure, why not simply list with a broker....
Um... I would recommend contacting a local real estate agent to represent you and help you get it sold. Good luck!
Anthony:

I think you already know the answer.I suggest that you find a realtor that knows Woodstock and works full time.The best way to find out their online reputation is to google their name. Better to list your property while the buyers have the opportunity to benefit from the lower interest rates and before mortgage guidelines change in April.

I'd like to apply for the job so the following is my resume:

.Barbara Korabel Broker/Owner
FOUR SEASONS REALTY GROUP
35 Outlook Farm Drive,New Paltz NY 12561 New Paltz, Gardiner, Highland and New City
2009-2010 REALTOR of the YEAR 2010 MLS DIRECTOR, NYSAR Education Committee,2011 Leadership AcademyGRI-Graduate of the Realtor Institute ECOBROKER - Specializing in "Green Building"ABR- Accredited Buyer's Representative,CBR-Certified Buyer's Representative SRES-Senior Real Estate SpecialistRSPS- Resorts and Second Home Property Specialist EPRO- Internet Specialist ASP - Accredited Staging ProfessionalRDCPRO-Broker's Opinion Certified Specialist SFR-Short Sale and Foreclosure Certified HOMES-Certified with Military Moves CIPS-Certified International Property Specialist CRS-Certified Seller Specialist GREEN - Designated in Green Homes Sales
http://www.four-seasons-realty.com
Barbara Cocoran's "Favorite Broker" http://barbaracorcoran.com/brokers/

845-255-0019 Office 845-247-5120 Office 888-908-1635 E Fax 845-476-1514 Cell
Anthony,
Statistics show that homeowners who sell their homes by themselves get less money than if they use a real estate agent.. Even if they pay a commission, they still come out ahead. You can save yourself a great deal of time, frustration and effort by using a broker who will do all the work for you and get you the best price possible in the market.
It's as simple as that.
Larry O'Toole
Owner
Lawrence O'Toole Realty
917-576-5832
Hello! I have a program where we can form a partnership giving you the ability to sell on your own and pay no fees while at the same time we market the property for you as well. You can run ads and have open houses, and we take care of the online marketing. It's called our Smart Seller | Flexible Commission Program. I'd be happy to explain more since I'm in your area. Feel free to reach out!

Best
Dylan Taft
835.380.3394 (direct connect)
Taft Street Realty, Inc.
Anthony,

It sounds as if you are doing a "for sale by owner" and and arriving an an understanding why it's so much easier to achieve this through the use of an experienced real estate professional. Selling anything is all about price, appeal, and visibility....focusing on these very basic ideas could make a difference.

The typical FSBO has a very poor appreciation for the actual current real estate market and usually focus on what they paid for the property and what they have done to it while owning it. It's not unusuall for these sellers(not necessarily you) to expect to recover every dollar they have spend maintaining the property. This is unrealistic and gets in the way of the ability to market the property in an accurate manner.

Here's a suggestion...even if you are not willing to list with an agent, consider contacting one to find out what they would list it at and how the would market it in your location.