Home Buying in Columbus>Question Details

Wcharacter, Renter in Butler, GA

Im planning to move to columbus ga in about 6 months my credit score is 558 what are my options when it comes to looking for a home.

Asked by Wcharacter, Butler, GA Tue Mar 5, 2013

Answers

4
Contact me and i can tell you how to boost your score quicker than anything else and no attorney's fees...And as long as we get you to a 600 score and your debt to income ratio is ok then we can qualify you in-house.

The first thing I would do is get with a mortgage lender to see if you can get pre-approved for a loan.
If you need any help with finding a mortgage lender I have a few you can call. Just let me know!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give me call.

Brenda Wells
Solid Source Premier Realty
7830 Veterans Parkway
Columbus, Georgia 31909
706-464-2447 Cell
You have plenty of time to get your score up however different lenders have different minimum scores -- anywhere from 600 to 640. Cathy Hodge at Coldwell Banker Mortgage requires a minimum of 600. And, depending on your income & if you are a first time homebuyer, you may qualify for City of Columbus Down Payment Assistance which is a grant of $5000.

Cathy's number is (706)596-2050. If you need further assistance in planning to buy a home I would be happy to help.

Best of luck, Margot @ KPDK
Best thing to do is to call a local lender that will help you get your credit score up. A good one will get you focused on those itmes to remove from your credit report that will have the most effect. With 6 months ahead of you, you have time to get your score up. I recommend Alesia Parker with Silverton Mortgage. She can be reached at 706.507.4564.

Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Gerald Saunders
Keller Williams Realty River Cities
(w) 706.221.6900
(f) 706.221.6990
Cell 706.577.8562
http://www.columbusgahomes.net/