nysecash, Home Buyer in Valley Stream, NY

Im looking to buy in the North valley stream area? are there any short sales on the single family homes?

Asked by nysecash, Valley Stream, NY Thu May 24, 2012

Answers

8
Consider working with an agent of your own; short sales are listed with brokers, however not all short sales are such great bargains, therefore don't overlook some traditional sales as may end up being a much better bargain. For available area properties check http://www.mlsli.com Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 25, 2012
Good afternoon Nysecash,

You have few properties that just came on the market that may be of interest to you. When you get a chance, i can be reached at 646-944-5685
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
That is a great area. You may call me and I will look in the system for the perfect single family home for you.

Carolina Perez
516-270-6390
You might to pay attention to the date when the question was asked, in this case well over a year ago.
Flag Wed Dec 4, 2013
I've been helping First Time Buyers for 23 years as a mortgage professional and I will tell you what I have always told my clients here in New York: If you are a First Time Buyer, steer clear of foreclosures and short sales.

Foreclosures are someone else's headache. The home probably has not been well-maintained and you're a First Time Buyer adjusting to paying a mortgage. Do you really want to walk in the door to someone else's deferred maintenance that YOU will have to pay for? Also, if you're thinking there are deals to be had in terms of lower prices, mostly those "deals" go to professional investors who can pay cash, negotiate hard with a Lender, and close fast.

For Short Sales, my attitude of late is that First Time Buyers should steer clear. Short Sales tend to be a better deal for the homeowner than for the Buyer. You'll wait MONTHS for the homeowner's Lender to approve the short sale; maybe as long as Six or Seven Months. Meanwhile, you're stuck in a contract to buy that home. I closed a short sale recently with a Buyer who, after seven months said this at the closing table, "I don't even want this house anymore."

And he didn't even get the "deal" on price he thought he was getting! The house appraised for only slightly more than he paid for it at the short sale price. He walked into this deal thinking he was buying a home for $100,000 less than it's value. In the end that wasn't the case.

There are plenty of motivated Sellers with their homes listed on your local MLS. Go find a good Local Mortgage Banker, get prequalified, then find a great, experienced Realtor, and buy the home you want at the price you're willing to pay. It's a Buyer's Market, after all!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a "Thumbs Up" or "Best Answer." Thanks!
Please feel to visit my website to view short sale properties in North Valley Stream http://www.mlsfinder.com/ny_mlsli/eleanorsamshurdle/index.cf… As of today there are 71 short sales available in Valley Stream. If you are interested in North Valley Stream you may also want to take a look at North Woodmere. Hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions about this area please feel free to call or text me at 646 201 0564.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
gimme a call 9173373727. i have some short sales and i do all negotiating with the bank myself so there wont be any screwups
Of course there are short sales in Valley Stream but before you enter into such a purchase, you need to under the dynamics of how they work and the the impact to you, it's not just a matter of waiting for a long time for the lender to make a decision. Feel free to reach out to me for additional information; I'm a firm believer of educating my buyers first and under their needs before taking them out.
Good evening nysecash,

There a a several in the area and I would be happy to show them to you.
You can also look in the http://www.mlsli.com/, truila, your local newspapers ....
or
I can sign you up for a free listing book account at http://jonivanst.listingbook.com/

As a realtor I can help you find exactly what you are looking for including if you have any specific requirements.

I hope this helps.

If you would like any assistance you can contact me at any time

Warmest regards,
Joni van Stavern
Century 21 Dallow
917-202-7476
I promise alot and deliver even more......