Home Buying in Aliso Viejo>Question Details

Chris, Both Buyer and Seller in Laguna Beach, CA

Im looking to buy a short sale/foreclosure SFH in SOC. Need a specialist.

Asked by Chris, Laguna Beach, CA Mon Sep 9, 2013

So my thinking is sell my townhome, live in apt for 3-6 mths and go after a short sale or foreclosure. So i need to find a realtor who specializes in such deals. Many i talk to discourage me from doing so, prolly just trying to push me into their own listings and i understand that, thats why i need to find a specialist in foreclosures and sales of em.

Answers

17
Chris, what did you end up doing?! ...

Andy Gillespie
949/212-1996
Hi Chris,

We issue Flip financing which is usually what you will need when dealing with foreclosures. We can close in 14 days so let me know if I can help you get qualified.

My contact - http://www.newamericanagent.com/mattallsopp
Hi Chris,

Chris,

I understand the whole process. I have worked for asset management companies and have listed short sales. Unless the market turns around and starts heading south again these deals are pretty much gone. Distressed sales make up about 10% of the market.(short sales and bank owned). Unless you have cash and can act in a matter of days you will miss out on the few remaining deals.

I am not saying it is impossible I am just saying you are a little late to the show. Most of the deals are gone. The few deals that remain get numerous bids and do not sell for much less then market price. In reality focus on what you want and what makes sense whether it is a distressed sale or standard sale.
I live in Aliso Viejo and love it! I've been in real estate for 11 years and have been working as a lender for two years now. Check out my recommendations...if you like what you see give me a call. I have a few Realtors who specialize in this area that are excellent.
With over 20 years experience and work with one of the top REO companies in South Orange County...I would be more than happy to help you out.

Lisa Glogow, Broker
949.306.4533
Chis,

I lived in AV since 1986 (one of the first residents) and work this area as a Real Estate Broker since 1991.I am very versed in short sales and can help you. There are a lot of details to discuss so it's best if you call me direct at 949-400-1330 for further information.

Nick Singh
Hi Chris - My company not only specializes in Short Sales since 2004, but we are also Financial Advisors helping our clients with Mortgage Loans and Credit Restoration. Therefore, we have the full package of services to offer you - From Selling, Buying, Mortgage Loans, Financial Advising, Credit Restoration, etc. Our negotiation team has works directly with all Lenders and we have several Upper Management contacts inside all the Banks. Here's a link to my website at
http://www.re-xtremecorp.com. Please feel free to call me to discuss your options. I can be reached at 949-466-2731. Thank You and wising you well. Pat LeBienvneu, Broker/CFO
Hi Chris,
It's important that you feel comfortable working with the realtor you ultimately wind up choosing. One who is well versed in every aspect of what you will most likely deal with - whether selling your town home or assisting you in purchasing your new home (short sale, foreclosure or whatever scenario that happens). I have experience helping clients sell and purchase short sales and have also listing and selling foreclosure homes. What's most important is that you find the best deal - sometimes it's a short sale or foreclosure, but not always. It could be a divorce or job relocation as well. Please feel comfortable contacting me to discuss your goals and determine the best plan to accomplish them.

Troy Hooper
Realty One Group
949-300-2464
homes@OCresidence.com
http://www.CAhomeslist.com
You can contact me, will glad to expedite the short sale. I can give you the details on how it works . My contact info is below;

Jain Rishab
RE/MAX Active Realty.
Short Sale And Foreclosure Resource
Phone: (510) 676-4770
Email:korerealty1@gmail.com
Hi Chris.

Here's my advice...find a realtor that you feel comfortable with, that communicates and understands the market and also has experience in short sales and foreclosures...which if they've been around the last few years is pretty much everyone.

That said, you won't really find anyone who just does short sales or foreclosures anymore because that market has dwindled down to very little. If that's all they focus on, they don't have much of a business left.

I also recommend to buyers to find the home that is right for them...find the best value, in the best location that you can that meets your budget. After that, we'll deal with if it's a standard sale, a short sale or foreclosure.

My guess is you are hoping to find a great deal with a short sale or foreclosure and that can happen, but standard sales can also be great deals if you find the right one.

Good luck and any other questions, I'm happy to help.

Thanks.
-Meredith
My question for you would be why are you looking to limit your home purchase options to such a small amount of homes? SFR's on the market that are standard sales far out weigh the number of short sales and foreclosures on the market. It might be best to look at all your options.
It still might be a good time to sell your townhome, are you looking to rent a short term rental in Laguna Beach? If you need help with your home or the rental, drop me an email or give me a call.

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
BRE 01405146
714-585-5236 Cell
estatepricing@yahoo.com
Here is a list of properties that many help you in your search -

http://www.hartanovteam.com/short-sale-reo.php
Chris,

We are Short Sale Experts. We have done many in Ladera Ranch and surronding cities. Feel free to contact us (949) 226-8990. We can explain the process and walk you through it. Currently they're approx. 18 Short Sales around this area that are active.
Chris,

I am a certified shortr sale specialist as well as being well-versed in foreclosure and residential lending. I currently do not have any short sale listings in SOC. That being said, I would be happy to talk to you about your goals and situation and see if I may be of service. I can be reached at 714-315-0027 or by email at rschiavone@hlsgroupinc.com. Please let me know if we can arrange a conveineint time to speak.

Kind regards,

Ralph Schiavone
HLS Group, Inc.
RE Broker
BRE #01158966
Looks like you got a really good answer below.

Let me know if you need a purchase loan for the property or want to get pre-approved (this will increase the chances of your loan being accepted) because I can certainly help you out there. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
Chris,

Let me know what you are looking for and I can send you my exclusive list of Foreclosure and short sale homes now!

Joe Homs, Realtor
949-625-4533
Web Reference: http://thehomsteam.com
Hey Joe, my wife and i both like the mission viejo area. Really anything south of Bake Pkwy and North of Crown valley (No ladera ranch tho) Price around 500k 3 to 4 bd around 2000 sqft. + nice size lot. We are not in a hurry but want to see whats out there and whats best for our $
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013