Home Buying in Mooresville>Question Details

Barbara & Sc…, Home Seller in Sun City West, AZ

Im looking to buy a new home in mooresville near lake norman or on the lake. I want to contact a good builder and customize my home.

Asked by Barbara & Scott Heilweil, Sun City West, AZ Fri Jun 1, 2012

Barbara & Scott,
Princeton Builders strives to make your building experience a pleasant one, with rewarding results. Our professional and trusted partners have the expertise and passion to build your new home. Princeton Builders specializes in building beautiful, high quality, custom homes to fit your unique lifestyle.

Since each home is a reflection of its family, our friendly professionals will ask numerous questions to ensure your individual needs are met within the budget you are willing to invest in your new home. You can trust our experienced professionals to manage your home construction in a timely manner. We communicate with you throughout construction so you have confidence in the completion date of your new home.

Feel free to contact us for a free consultation or visit our website http://www.princetonbuildersllc.com.

Lisa Cernuto
Mooresville Realty,LLC
Hello Barbara & Scott,

Just checking in to see if you ever spoke to a builder. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you.

Abby Nelson
We highly recommend Warren Smith with Courtland Builders who specializes in building custom homes on Lake Norman near the Point. http://www.courtlandhomebuilders.com.
I can whole heartedly recommend JBR Custom Homes for a very pleasurable building experience and results. I'd be delighted to show you some of their existing homes so that you can see the extremely high quality workmanship and attention to detail that is provided in every home they build.
Hello Barbara and Scott,

You have picked a nice area to relocate to in North Carolina. There are several good builders to choose from in the Lake Norman area. One of my favorites is Simonini Homes. You may like Classica Homes, Bealer Homes, David Weekley Homes, MI Homes, John Weiland Homes. Your choice may depend on the lot selected, your budget, and the way the builder works.

Creating your style in design, color, and function is a rewarding experience. You get to see your ideas come to a tangible result that can be enjoyed for years to come. There are many good on-line house plans to chose from- Frank Bentz, Living Concepts, Don Gardner. If you want a good local architect, then you will find no shortage of them either.

In the Mooresville area, you will find custom home neighborhoods with vacant lots and acreage for building as well. I frequently work with clients building new homes because I enjoy it as much as they do.

Robin Faison, broker
Keller Williams Realty (Cornelius)

PS: I do have a lot for sale in The Treetops at Cowans Ford in Lincoln County on the Southwest side of Lake Norman for $53,900. I have a house for sale in Mooresville for $214,400 which could be renovated.
I should say that you may also like Alan Simonini, who owns Simonini Homes. Barbara and Scott, the nice thing about building here is that you can frequently visit firsthand the other houses that the builder has built or is in the process of building. Your chosen realtor will be able to pull houses from MLS that show what the builder has built and pricing.
Flag Sat Jun 9, 2012
Welcome to beautiful Lake Norman Barbara and Scott! Lots to think about if custom building but certainly the best way to go because you get exactly what you want. One my favorite builders is Courtland Builders and specifically Warren Smith; [wsmith@courtlandhomebuilders.com]. Very communicative, customer driven and extremely professional. They believe in the old addage that the customer is always right!

You will also need to start thinking about lots as that is really the first step. Basement lot vs, flat/ waterfront vs. waterview, any interest in golf...as that is very prevalent in this area, are schools important etc...

As a resident of Lake Norman and a RE/MAX Broker who specializes in buyers, I am very well versed in the area and would love the opportunity to help you start your search. Feel free to give me a call or send me an email and best of luck to you!

Lori Nasoff - Broker, ABR
RE/MAX Executive at the Lake
Hello Barbara and Scott,
How exciting. I remember when I was thinking of moving to North Carolina. Everything here looked so beautiful here, sunshine and green grass, after ten years, I still think it is the most wonderful place to live. I would be very happy to help you make your dreams come true.
I work with Allen Tate Realtors in Mooresville. There are several gorgeous homes on the lake just waiting for a new family to enjoy them. I do know of a couple of outstanding builders....Fritts Construction has an outstanding portfolio of lake front homes..Chris Fritts actually built my home 10 years ago...Please contact me as soon as you are ready to start this new venture.
Have a wonderful day. Always a pleasure,
Sharon Miller
Where did Maiden come from? My office is in Mooresville, guess we need to fix that......
Flag Fri Jun 1, 2012
Good morning, Barbara and Scott:
The good thing is that with the economic downturn, the builders that are still in business are some of the best in the industry. With fewer homes being built than at the peak of the speculative bubble, pricing and competition between builders is also in your favor. Pricing for homes and lots on the lake are still fairly strong, but because financing for people to buy and hold land and lots is limited, there are more opportunities and good financing for people who are buying to build. These combine to make it one of the best times to build a customized home on or near LKN. As a landscape architect with significant land development experience, I can help with selecting the right property (and helping avoid ones with problems). If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
Contact Len Bealer with Kenneth Bealer Homes. Excellent and we have some of his land if you are looking for a lot to build on and get an even better deal. 704-363-8900
Hi Barbara and Scott,

I can help you! I have represented close to a hundred buyers/builders near Lake Norman. Feel free to call or email me.

Shannon Edwards, Broker, GRI, CRS
Hello Barbara and Scott! My name is Donna Brinager and I am a REALTOR/Broker for Lake Norman Realty. I understand you are interested in building a custom home on Lake Norman? Well, I can help you find the perfect location to build that home! Now is a perfect time to take advantage of some wonderful homes on the lake at a discounted price if that becomes an option as well. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you in more detail! Please feel free to call me with any questions...anytime! I can be reached at 704-880-8022. Thanks!
Hello Barbara and Scott,

Let me be the first to welcome you to North Carolina! It is a great place to live and play and you will love Lake Norman. If you are not currently working with a Realtor, I would be happy to help you find a home. Are you looking at the east side or west side of the lake? I have a list of several great builders that can help you customize your home or build one for you. I also live near Lake Norman and am very familiar with the north east region around Statesville, Mooresville and Troutman. Please feel free to call me directly at 704-450-0588